Feb 4, 2009
a few people have recommended this game. Thank you I am having fun with it.
Its essentially a remake of X-Com. Graphics are improved but not superb for example what is this dude holding?

n9BxuWW.jpg

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
It's not what you think, he's an alien, and that's his nose. He has a cold and is blowing his nose.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Xenonauts is great.

Certainly, I had more fun with that than I did the rather more scripted X-COM: EU/EW.

Feb 4, 2009
Xenonauts is great.

Certainly, I had more fun with that than I did the rather more scripted X-COM: EU/EW.

The script did give the game a nice feel. X-Com (new) is a great game they just removed some interesting items like multiple bases and alien base assaults. Still a worthwhile game.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
The script did give the game a nice feel. X-Com (new) is a great game they just removed some interesting items like multiple bases and alien base assaults. Still a worthwhile game.

The scripting nigh on ruined the experience for me.

I was always useless at the original UFO: Enemy Unknown (was about 9 at release) and watched my Dad play it for hours on end... but multiple bases, full Geoscape, base assaults (both ways), little to no combat scripting made it.

With the modern day version, the base mechanic is underwhelming and the scripted combat part is disliked by a significant number of people... whether that's the larger number would be debatable but it's certainly an aspect I disliked.

The only thing that engaged me about modern X-COM was the ease of the combat system. Although TU's is a more tactically flexible system I never got along with it but I did get along with the 1 move/1 fire system.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
I went through 3-4 missions before i realized i could LOOT THE BODIES!
Once my strategy of positioning the APC in the ship's entrance and shooting up the place started failing, i uninstalled and i'll get back to this game sometime in the future.

Canun

Apr 1, 2006
Great game, incredibly tough. Got to about the halfway point, and it just got crazy difficult. Guys teleporting, and your weapons barely able to damage them.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
I think this is what you meant but it is around 6.50 in the latest humble bundle which includes a few other games (a couple of them are decent).