Xcom 2

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I. Running a 2500 8 gigs ram and a 290x. It's all max and runs fine.

Feb 4, 2009
I believe most people obsess about 60 fps but in reality they can't tell the difference *only if its real low*
Does this game require high fps to be enjoyable?

WildW

Oct 3, 2008
evilpicard.com
Just installed and discovered there's no 360 controller support :( I spent many happy hours playing the last one from the couch.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Just installed and discovered there's no 360 controller support :( I spent many happy hours playing the last one from the couch.

Only the steam controller is supported so far at launch, that's a first.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Do folks like the game ? So far user reviews are very negative....

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
It's a great game. People who complain about games like this are basically screaming "I shouldn't own a PC!! I should be a console gamer only!!"

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
I wonder if this will have an Enemy Within type expansion. Might wait for that since my backlog is so long already. Still haven't even played Witcher 3 which I got for free.

Tifosi248F1

Aug 16, 2006
Do folks like the game ? So far user reviews are very negative....

I'm absolutely enjoying the game.

Yeah, it's different from Enemy Unknown and some of the new mechanics can get irksome...the mission timers being one. Sometimes they're not bad but other times they really limit your strategic options, especially with the new concealment mechanic. You can't really take advantage of that and creep forward setting up a real solid ambush or you blow through a chunk of the timer.

I'm in agreement with the disappointment in the optimization. For i7 + 980Ti systems to struggle for 60fps at max while they can crush other new games like Tomb Raider at the same resolution and equally demanding settings just shows something isn't quite right.

That said, I have trouble forcing myself to stop. I love the new enemies and soldier classes and abilities. The new procedural map generation keeps things fresh, the maps look and feel a lot better and varied to me than in EU. I got it at a discount, but even so I'm more than happy with the purchase.

Feb 25, 2011
Okay, bought and downloaded.

Playing it, it feels like the last one. But a bit choppy. Graphics are more polished. Hopefully there will be a performance patch. I like some of the new gameplay mechanics (e.g. ambushes.)

I have over 700 hours in XCOM Enemy Unknown, so... yes. Me like.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
Okay, bought and downloaded.

Playing it, it feels like the last one. But a bit choppy. Graphics are more polished. Hopefully there will be a performance patch. I like some of the new gameplay mechanics (e.g. ambushes.)

I have over 700 hours in XCOM Enemy Unknown, so... yes. Me like.

Do you like X-Com 2 more?

Feb 25, 2011
Do you like X-Com 2 more?

Not yet. Like I said, slightly twitchy. Haven't hit any bugs yet, but the levels take absurdly long to load, even off of an SSD, and there's room for performance tweaks.

Fix the performance stuff, and I will. it's just not a completely blissful experience right out of the box.

A lot of the UI animations and stuff take too long too. They're pretty, but I want to play, not wait. Speed those up about 1.5x and I'd glad.

Last edited: