Question Xbox SX and PS5 GPU Ray Tracing

Nahid070

May 13, 2020
I have questions. That is, will the Xbox sx and the PS5 GPU have physical Ray Tracing and AI cores like Nvidia?
And how much the performance will be compared to Nvidia rtx 2080 ti?

I'm expecting answers from who actually knows about the inner technology and can measure real world performance based on theoretical numbers on paper..

Glo.

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2015
I would like the deep dive on RT tech in general, specifically I would like to know "what" in graphics Ray Tracing is the result of "what" on hardware level.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I have questions. That is, will the Xbox sx and the PS5 GPU have physical Ray Tracing and AI cores like Nvidia?
And how much the performance will be compared to Nvidia rtx 2080 ti?

I'm expecting answers from who actually knows about the inner technology and can measure real world performance based on theoretical numbers on paper..

I realize this is your first post ever, but we already have several gigantic posts on this topic.

However, your question makes no sense. First, nobody outside of an NDA has any details on the consoles or RDNA2 ray tracing. All we have are some slides from a presentation. Second, are you wanting real world numbers, or theoretic numbers? You cannot extract real world numbers from theoretical.

Nahid070

May 13, 2020
If the question makes no sense and there already posts can be found in the site then you could give me those links at least..

I wasn't extracting real world performance with theoretical numbers. I was just asking the possible real world performance based theoretical numbers which I think a common scenario..
Thank you for replying..

Nahid070

May 13, 2020
I realize this is your first post ever, but we already have several gigantic posts on this topic.

However, your question makes no sense. First, nobody outside of an NDA has any details on the consoles or RDNA2 ray tracing. All we have are some slides from a presentation. Second, are you wanting real world numbers, or theoretic numbers? You cannot extract real world numbers from theoretical.
If the question makes no sense and there already posts can be found in the site then you could give me those links at least..

I wasn't extracting real world performance with theoretical numbers. I was just asking the possible real world performance based theoretical numbers which I think a common scenario..
Thank you for replying..

Guru

May 5, 2017
RDNA2 does have hardware level ray tracing processing yes, and while xbox x and ps5 don't have Tensor cores, they do feature improved rapid packed math and low level integer computing, where it can to a certain extent run AI type logic. RPM is essentially an AMD version of Tensor cores in essence.

As far as the numbers the xbox X will feature 12tflops of raw compute performance, but we don't know the exact performance, since RDNA2 also features a big number of architecture improvements over RDNA1.

Reactions: Nahid070