XBOX Screen grabs!!! Gamestock 2001*Now with video links*

poop

Oct 21, 1999
The GameCube Zelda shots I have seen are like 20 times better than the X-Box stuff I have seen.

And it is supposedly out in 6 months...

Boogak

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
Honestly, those screenshots don't impress me very much. It looks like they converted the images to gif's then back to jpg's cuz the color looks bland. I'm sure it'll kick ass though after what I saw from the GeForce 3 Macworld video.

jsm

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
At least the pics look better than the PS2 pics.

Some of the shots, tho, look like they could be on a Dreamcast.

IMHO it's another letdown. Microsoft came out with the Raven/Robot pre-rendered demo last year and said that is what the XBox will be able to do realtime. None of these games, even Halo, look anywhere as complex as the Raven demo.

Not to say that gen2 games won't come close to the Raven demo, but I feel they lied to us, again.

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
Graphics look pretty stunning to me. I especially enjoyed the Actor's Workshop where they based Keanu Reeves' facial expressions, to the NFL player's. Hahahah that cracked me up ;)

(BTW, Keanu's face is the same on like 6 emotions hehehe)

dm

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
HELLO!!!!!

These are screen shots. Go to ign and look at the GT2 screen shots. Now download the video and look at them. You can't judge the game by screen shots, let the movies do its work.

This is just like when the Nvidiots judged FSAA by screen shots with out actually looking at the game it self.

Another thing. Those Game Cube screen shots were 800x600 and below. These are gigantic screen shots! You WILL notice little degration alot more from a big picture then a small one (JPEG format it self screw up the pic anyway).

SSP: The video JayPatel posted is actually worse than the screenshots. Perhaps it's just that game but I am still waiting to be wowed.

Doom3 wowed me... XBox, so far, bleh.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
dwell... That was running on a GF3. The x-chip on the xbox is very similar to (or based on) NV20. I bet if iD ported the game (pretty sure they will), it'll look just as amazing.

BTW, downloading the video now. Also, go see the NFL2k screen shots on the Dream cast. You can clearly see the jaggies, but the video don't have anything like that (not to mention in real life).

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Wow that video stunk. Thats just one game though. After looking at the snowboarding game, it looks like they are not finished with the game (background).

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
And what exactly are those HUGE resolutions going to do for me on my NTSC television, hmmm? I cry "gimmick".

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
You really need to see a game in action to judge if it's great or crappy. All the eye candy in the world is useless if you're chuggin' along at 5 fps. And even if speed is OK, gameplay might still be boring/repetitive/shallow.

They've got some talent working on xbox titles. However, that talent is working with the video game audience in mind so I'm not sure we're guaranteed great-playing games...