Xbox One games coming to PC in 2016

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
I wouldn't mind having Forza on the PC, but it's not life and death. I'm not a big fan of the way Turn 10 and Microsoft/forzamotorports treats their customers. The Forza forums are the worst fanboy circle jerk on the internet. No doubt the Forza Xbox "purist racers" would be looking down from Forza Mountain on the PC lower life forms.

Riverhound777

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2003
If they brought Forza to PC I would be all over that. Would even get me to buy an XBox controller.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
You forgot rise of the tomb raider.

Edit - nevermind - not an XBONE exclusive.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Considering I personally have no desire to play any of the listed games, it would make zero difference to me.

We know almost nothing about Recore, there was just a CGI trailer. As for the others I am mildly interested in Fable legends. I don't think the other games are interesting. I have Killer Instinct on XB1 and sea of thieves looks like a bad MMO but dunno.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
They're making a Halo Wars 2? That's got my interest the most, and thank goodness they're releasing it on PC this time around.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
They're making a Halo Wars 2? That's got my interest the most, and thank goodness they're releasing it on PC this time around.

Agreed. I would have loved to play the first one on PC. I'll probably buy Halo Wars day 1.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I'm just hoping that we get cross-buy like on some of the PSN games. I already own Killer Instinct Season 1 and Season 2 on the Xbox One. So, it'd be nice to not have to buy it again.

EDIT:

can't wait for killer instinct. was one of my favorite games growing up.

If you want to get yourself psyched up ahead of time, check out the updated version of Cinder's theme. It's so good! I bought the second season soundtrack pretty much just for that song.

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I'm just hoping that we get cross-buy like on some of the PSN games. I already own Killer Instinct Season 1 and Season 2 on the Xbox One. So, it'd be nice to not have to buy it again.

EDIT:

If you want to get yourself psyched up ahead of time, check out the updated version of Cinder's theme. It's so good! I bought the second season soundtrack pretty much just for that song.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

a remix of tusk's theme has me super excited. like. seriously. eargasm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow25ekjy8wA

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
If they brought Forza to PC I would be all over that. Would even get me to buy an XBox controller.

I just bought an XB1 and I would agree there's just a handful of games that made me do it. Forza (Horizon 2) and the NHL series. I have a handful of other games but console gaming is not any better. Shooters especially I can't stand with a controller.

I have an XB controller for the PC and playing NFS Rivals - the driving plays the same as a console now that I have one.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Quantum Break rated for PC in Brazil..

They should just announce it and be done with it. The chances that this game will come to PC is very high imo, given Remedy's history with the PC platform and that it's being published by Microsoft.

I could easily see a DX12 capable PC version being released sometime in the future after the Xbox One version debut in April.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
holy moly, if forza on PC lets me use my fanatec wheel....i will be so happy.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
My life is not complete until KI is release for PC

•Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016

I'm looking forward to this like a fat kid looks forward to dessert before dinner.

How do people love dessert so much? When I see dessert, I'm so gross out by it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
My life is not complete until KI is release for PC

•Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016

I'm looking forward to this like a fat kid looks forward to dessert before dinner.

A friend of mine was just asking me earlier tonight about upgrading his PC to be able to play the PC version of KI.

Game-debate.com has a page up with some info, apparently some high-end PhysX-type effects like cloth and ice for the main characters.

After I read that, I was like, no way is your old PC going to be able to play that game, unless you get a $320+ video card like a GTX970.

He currently has an Athlon II X4 640 3.0Ghz quad-core and a GT610 video card, and 4GB of DDR2.

I've got a 16GB kit of RAM on order for him, so it should take care of the RAM issue, assuming that it works ok in his mobo.

Video cards, well, I've got some R9 270X and R7 260X video cards that I can sell him (new).

But I'm not really sure that will be enough for KI PC.

I also offered him a rig with an i3-6100 and 8GB DDR4 and a R9 270X 2GB and SSD, etc. for $600.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So, I figured I'd add some bits from the BUILD keynote that pertain to gaming on Windows.

• Phil Spencer: "Moving forward, all our games are shipping on Windows 10 and Xbox"
  • Phil Spencer: "Our plan is for games that will run better on Windows, with more predictable performance, greater user safety, and better install/uninstall"
  • Disabling V-Sync and G-Sync/FreeSync support will come in Windows 10's Anniversary Update that's due this summer.
  • Mod support and Overlay support will be coming "in the future"
  • Centennial tool supports easy conversion to the UWP framework for both new and old games.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
I had said in another thread that people still ragging on MS about UWP's limitations were using outdated biases.

It's always nice to be validated.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I wouldn't mind playing some halo. I like the series, but can't bring myself to buy a console just to play it and the few other exclusives I'm interested in.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I had said in another thread that people still ragging on MS about UWP's limitations were using outdated biases.

I'm not really sure how you think anything that I wrote necessarily looks good for Microsoft. :confused: I mean... are they fixing stuff? Yes, but this is quite literally Windows Phone all over again. Microsoft essentially excels at releasing half-baked products into a marketplace where their competitors have fully-fledged products already available. I mean... as a developer, what incentive do I have to use the Windows Store as a platform that I want my customers to use when Steam, Origin and even uPlay are far, far more user-friendly? (By the way, it's pretty sad if the much reviled uPlay is in a list of examples of better storefronts. :p)

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Take what you said, go back to when Steam was new, and voila. At least people can play the UWP games at launch.

And yes, the whole point is that they're fixing the stuff people were complaining about.