Xbox One games coming to PC in 2016

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
PC really is the best gaming platform.. We get "exclusives" from both the Xbox One and the PS4 :D

Microsoft haven't fully committed themselves though, as Gears of War 4, Quantum Break and Crackdown are still Xbox One exclusives..

But one day perhaps... I wouldn't be surprised if Quantum Break makes it to PC a year later. I really want to play Gears of War Ultimate edition. It just might be the first DX12 game to market this year..

•Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016

•Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016

•ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016

•Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016

•Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016

•Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016

•Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016

•Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016

•Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016

Read more: http://wccftech.com/microsoft-is-fi...but-where-does-that-leave-xbox/#ixzz3wQckNNo7

Source

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I liked how they ported Forza to PC to show off DX12. Even said that it only took a small team just a couple of months to do it. Then they said it's not coming to PC.

Assuming those titles really are coming to PC only because of goodness in Microsoft's heart and for no other reason, objectively how much worse off would we be if none of those games made it to PC?

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I liked how they ported Forza to PC to show off DX12. Even said that it only took a small team just a couple of months to do it. Then they said it's not coming to PC.

Assuming those titles really are coming to PC only because of goodness in Microsoft's heart and for no other reason, objectively how much worse off would we be if none of those games made it to PC?

Considering I personally have no desire to play any of the listed games, it would make zero difference to me.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010

There is nothing there that I would cry for not coming to PC. Ori is already on PC and I will admit, it is a great game, but even if it hadn't, I wouldn't cry over it. I assume the new version is just added DLC?

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly I can't think of any console game I'd love to have on the PC. However added options are nice.

eR6I3bl.jpg

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Honestly I can't think of any console game I'd love to have on the PC. However added options are nice.

eR6I3bl.jpg

"The Last of Us" was supposed to have a helluva story. I'd like to play that on PC. I'm not going to buy a PS3/4 just to play one game......

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
"The Last of Us" was supposed to have a helluva story. I'd like to play that on PC. I'm not going to buy a PS3/4 just to play one game......

That is the only console game I can think of that I would definitely buy for PC.

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
My life is not complete until KI is release for PC

•Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016

I'm looking forward to this like a fat kid looks forward to dessert before dinner.

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
That is the only console game I can think of that I would definitely buy for PC.

Thanks to the inability to use my Fanatec wheel setup from my 360 on my One and a comparable replacement costing $500+, I would happily play Forza on the PC where I can use my existing wheel setup.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I would have purchased Forza 5 and 6 if they had offered them on PC. No way I need another console.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010

I have it, the gameplay is horrible. I honestly didn't even play it for an hour it annoyed me so much... :( Might be better with KB/M

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
You are definitely a minority in that opinion.

TLoU won many GOTY awards for the PS3 version. I've not yet completed the game, but gameplay was not what stopped me.

Any console exclusive I see myself buying, I would rather purchase for PC. Uncharted 4, Halo 5, etc. Bloodborne is not my thing, but I'm sure plenty of people would jump at the chance.

I'm content to let the current gen build better exclusive libraries and let the prices drop some more before getting in on them. The Master Race crap is... crap. I play what I play, on whatever. I invest more heavily in the PC as a platform, but the idea that I'm somehow superior because of that is utter garbage.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Personally, I would rather good console games stay on the console and good PC games stay on the PC. Otherwise, we get games that are mediocre on both.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Personally, I would rather good console games stay on the console and good PC games stay on the PC. Otherwise, we get games that are mediocre on both.
Ah, yes, beware those multiplatform titles like GTA V and The Witcher 3. *shudders at their mediocrity*

Zodiark1593

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2012
You are definitely a minority in that opinion.

TLoU won many GOTY awards for the PS3 version. I've not yet completed the game, but gameplay was not what stopped me.

Any console exclusive I see myself buying, I would rather purchase for PC. Uncharted 4, Halo 5, etc. Bloodborne is not my thing, but I'm sure plenty of people would jump at the chance.

I'm content to let the current gen build better exclusive libraries and let the prices drop some more before getting in on them. The Master Race crap is... crap. I play what I play, on whatever. I invest more heavily in the PC as a platform, but the idea that I'm somehow superior because of that is utter garbage.
You're superior due to diversity and non-fanboyism, not due to the PC. :cool:

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
Even if Sony & MS set out to prove me wrong and opened up their most prized stuff to the PC, from Naughty Dog and whichever studio is MS's equivalent of Naughty Dog nowadays (343 since Bungie escaped?) and not just games that probably needed to go multi platform anyway, there is nothing that we absolutely must have, IMO. The dark age of circa 2005 is long over.

About the PC MR thing: I read a cringe worthy article a while ago about an editor taking offense to PCMR because of Nazi ties (???) and Jewish ancestors. Get your facts straight, "master race" was originally a shot Yahtzee directed at PC gamers in an article. The community instead proudly wore it on their sleeve.

Over the years, mostly due to newcomers it mutated into "brothers, I have ascended" crap even hardcore MR finds annoying. It's a nuke in a cold war kind of a thing now, I resort to MR only when peasants say something that calls for it.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
You're superior due to diversity and non-fanboyism, not due to the PC. :cool:

It would just be nice if others could jump on the bandwagon. We can all be superior together.

Even if Sony & MS set out to prove me wrong and opened up their most prized stuff to the PC, from Naughty Dog and whichever studio is MS's equivalent of Naughty Dog nowadays (343 since Bungie escaped?) and not just games that probably needed to go multi platform anyway, there is nothing that we absolutely must have, IMO. The dark age of circa 2005 is long over.

About the PC MR thing: I read a cringe worthy article a while ago about an editor taking offense to PCMR because of Nazi ties (???) and Jewish ancestors. Get your facts straight, "master race" was originally a shot Yahtzee directed at PC gamers in an article. The community instead proudly wore it on their sleeve.

Over the years, mostly due to newcomers it mutated into "brothers, I have ascended" crap even hardcore MR finds annoying. It's a nuke in a cold war kind of a thing now, I resort to MR only when peasants say something that calls for it.
The term "master race" and a tie to Nazis is not pulled out of thin air like you imply. It's what they actually believed. It's kind of why they killed all those innocent people. To ensure the purity of the Aryan nation, eliminate lesser races, etc. I mean, you know about the Nazis, right? That's why it was used by Yahtzee. Godwin's law and all that. Maybe get your facts straight?

Your post contains a lot of the stupidity I was talking about. Especially since you still refer to yourself as being in the "master race" and drop "peasants" as a descriptor like it's nothing. At least those "peasants" have Bloodborne while the "master race" gets shoddy ports. Arkham Knight is GOTY on consoles and a complete disaster on PC. Sure, I can play FO4 at 1440p at 60 fps (and I do, at least ~60 fps), but if dick measuring is why you're playing games, I'd say you're doing it wrong. Play where you play, don't put others down because they play somewhere different. It's all the same hobby. Naturally, this applies to EVERYONE, not just "master race" idiots.

Like you said, it was originally meant as an insult. And the community was honestly too stupid to catch on. Why else would they take a "literally Hitler" badge and wear it proudly? You're currently the embodiment of the entitled attitude that spawned the term, based on this post of yours.

This is why I never tell people I'm a gamer. I just play some video games every now and again as far as they're concerned. The last thing I want is to be associated with all this garbage.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
I say all of the following with Peace & Love.

about the PC MR thing: I read a cringe worthy article a while ago about an editor taking offense to PCMR because of Nazi ties (???) and Jewish ancestors. Get your facts straight, "master race" was originally a shot Yahtzee directed at PC gamers in an article. The community instead proudly wore it on their sleeve.

You sir have acended, you just don't know it yet

Like the above poster you haven't realized it yet

It would just be nice if others could jump on the bandwagon. We can all be superior together.

The term "master race" and a tie to Nazis is not pulled out of thin air like you imply. It's what they actually believed. It's kind of why they killed all those innocent people. To ensure the purity of the Aryan nation, eliminate lesser races, etc. I mean, you know about the Nazis, right? That's why it was used by Yahtzee. Godwin's law and all that. Maybe get your facts straight?

Your post contains a lot of the stupidity I was talking about. Especially since you still refer to yourself as being in the "master race" and drop "peasants" as a descriptor like it's nothing. At least those "peasants" have Bloodborne while the "master race" gets shoddy ports. Arkham Knight is GOTY on consoles and a complete disaster on PC. Sure, I can play FO4 at 1440p at 60 fps (and I do, at least ~60 fps), but if dick measuring is why you're playing games, I'd say you're doing it wrong. Play where you play, don't put others down because they play somewhere different. It's all the same hobby. Naturally, this applies to EVERYONE, not just "master race" idiots.

Like you said, it was originally meant as an insult. And the community was honestly too stupid to catch on. Why else would they take a "literally Hitler" badge and wear it proudly? You're currently the embodiment of the entitled attitude that spawned the term, based on this post of yours.

This is why I never tell people I'm a gamer. I just play some video games every now and again as far as they're concerned. The last thing I want is to be associated with all this garbage.

Once you find your sense of humor you will agree too. Being fairly serious its like playing a WW2 shooter as a German, this certainly doesn't make you a Nazi supporter. Its a joke and a fun thing to taunt someone who cares about that is it.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Like the above poster you haven't realized it yet

Once you find your sense of humor you will agree too. Being fairly serious its like playing a WW2 shooter as a German, this certainly doesn't make you a Nazi supporter. Its a joke and a fun thing to taunt someone who cares about that is it.

You don't read of the master race garbage, then, I assume.

Way too many people treat it as literal class warfare for your take to be remotely close to true.

And no, I have not "ascended." Like I said, I don't associate myself with gamers, master race idiots, or any other group tied with video games, because I hate the communities. Tripe like this is why. And besides, I'm going to play FO4 on PC with a controller. I believe that's enough to get myself shunned regardless. Because ALL games on PC should be played with KB+M, according to "master race," forgetting how prolific controllers for PC were. And let's not forget that I own a 360, ps3, 3ds, smartphone, tablet, Wii, Wii U, and SNES. All hooked up, all with good amount of games. And my current game is Mario Kart 8. Like I said, I play where I play, and that's all there is to it. And for the last couple months it's been on consoles.

And don't assume to know me. You say this with peace and love, tell me I don't have a sense of humor because of my stance in this one topic, and in the same post promote getting in on the joke of belonging to a master race whose entire existence is predicated on "elevating" themselves at the expense of others? But it's okay, they're only just pretending?

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/738025-i-was-only-pretending-to-be-retarded

Last edited: