Xbox Media Center and mods??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RedRooster

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Ok, not knowing much about all this, I have a quick question. I just provided that link because that's what I'd use when the time came to do this. ;)
For those of you that have done a soft mod is there any way to restore it to completely stock looking should you change your mind, since it seems like you don't actually do a backup until the soft mod has been done and you want to install a hard drive or something.

brentman

Dec 4, 2002
RedRooster, you backup everything via FTP BEFORE you complete the softmod. You load a saved game hack which boots a non-MS dashboard and allows FTP access to the xbox. Everything gets copied to your PC via FTP client and then you go about changing the dashboard and such. All you have to do to restore it to stock is overwrite your xbox with the FTP backup on you PC.

Softmod is pretty easy. There is a great deal of information in the forums for xbox-scene. Thats where I learned everything. I might be able to host a softmod startup package with all the necessary goodies for installing Evox using Splinter Cell. PM if you are interested, I think I still have it all packed up here.

blinky8225

Nov 23, 2004
XBMC can playback DVD's in 480p, 720p, or 1080i, but I still wouldn't recommend it for DVD's as there is no menu support.

SuperFreaky

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
Originally posted by: blinky8225
XBMC can playback DVD's in 480p, 720p, or 1080i, but I still wouldn't recommend it for DVD's as there is no menu support.

Is it doing the same thing a DVD playing that upconverts to 1080i?