Xbox help

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
Got a matrix mod chip. The trouble is, got it all back together, and like the power is either flashing red/green or orange/green. first 2 times i boot it up, it dies and has a weird sound from it. Anyone know where i can get help for this? or anyone done it?

SoylentGreen

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 2002
Can you be more descriptive in what order/colors it's flashing? That's a good indicator of which diode burned out or was shorted out.
If you had a good soldering friend, they can replace it.

LeStEr

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 1999
It dies shortly after booting up or the xbox is completly dead now?

Was the light on the matrix green? - this is a signal of the matrix being alligned correctly. Might want to double check that.

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
If it is getting power shuting off and powering back on 3 times, you eithier have a bad flash of the matrix BIOS or it is not correctly alligned

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Mrfrog840
Got a matrix mod chip. The trouble is, got it all back together, and like the power is either flashing red/green or orange/green. first 2 times i boot it up, it dies and has a weird sound from it. Anyone know where i can get help for this? or anyone done it?
I would definitely call Microsoft on this one. They would know exactly what to do. :D

zeon

Mar 20, 2001
there is nothing illegal about modifying your own property. if that were'nt the case we'd be living under facism... what you do with your property once it is modified is an entirely different story...

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: zeon
there is nothing illegal about modifying your own property. if that were'nt the case we'd be living under facism... what you do with your property once it is modified is an entirely different story...

There's nothing illegal about it but a lot of people do it to play copied games. That and it voids your warranty as well as keeps you from using XBox Live!