XBOX 360 VS MEDIUM Details

Sep 5, 2016
i have many games both on xbox360 and on pc

graphics

is it better play the game on XBOX 360 or pc with MEDIUM details?

i can t go over medium because i have a small old laptop

Majcric

Golden Member
May 3, 2011
List your PC specs and monitor rez and i'll make that determination by which i'd rather have. In general some games are better on console and some are better on PC

Sep 5, 2016
List your PC specs and monitor rez and i'll make that determination by which i'd rather have. In general some games are better on console and some are better on PC
it s a old 14" laptop

screen: 14" 1080p ips (the best real constrast ration on the marker, but a little slow)
gpu: gt 750m GDDR5 2gb version (overclocked +135 core + 200 mem)

i can play TW2
- at 720p high details at 60 fps
- at 1080p medium 20/30 fps (not playable)

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Take PC because of 60fps. 30fps is what the 360 runs that game at, or less at times. It's not unplayable but higher frame rate always helps the game feel better to play.

With the Witcher 2 I think High is just above what the 360 game would look like.

Sep 5, 2016
Take PC because of 60fps. 30fps is what the 360 runs that game at, or less at times. It's not unplayable but higher frame rate always helps the game feel better to play.

With the Witcher 2 I think High is just above what the 360 game would look like.
but i can only play it in medium 1080p :(

or HIGH but 720p!

Sep 5, 2016
I'd rather have the higher fps at lower settings personally, then again a 14in screen sucks.

i bought this notebook for retrogaming, screen quality was the main reason

i don t want a bigger laptop: 14" is already a little too big (13 is better)

recently i found that this notebook can play Black ops 2 maxed out 60 fps and now it s my "BO II laptop" (i only play this game on it!)

You should get a new 'puter

eh :( atm i don t plan to buy a new laptop, i have a lot of older games to play! TW2 is just too heavy for it

Last edited:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
A laptop with 750m is used for "retro" gaming? Sure it's older, but hardly retro. I think that laptop will perform much better than a 360, so it gets my vote!

Reactions: Alienware Gamer ALX

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
I have a feeling he really means the Xbone. You can't even get The Witcher 3 on previous gen consoles.

futurefields

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2012
There is something about playing a game on a console you dont worry about any of this "omg is it running right? do i have the graphics options tweaked for the perfect balance of visuals/performance"

when you play on a console you 100% focus on the gameplay and story and I know its an unpopular opinion but I find console gamers in general care more about gameplay and story and pc gamers care more about how their rig is performing but that's just my experience

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
There is something about playing a game on a console you dont worry about any of this "omg is it running right? do i have the graphics options tweaked for the perfect balance of visuals/performance"

when you play on a console you 100% focus on the gameplay and story and I know its an unpopular opinion but I find console gamers in general care more about gameplay and story and pc gamers care more about how their rig is performing but that's just my experience
I will play any game on either and not worry about "running right"... I care moreso about the type of game and that dictates which platform to go on. Racing? Console. FPS? PC. Etc...

FO3 was a hassle way back when to get running without crashes after I bought it on PC because of some compatibility issue with dual cores or something, I can't remember. I ended up playing the entire game with an X360 controller anyway so I bought FO4 on XB1 when it came out (I use the pip boy for fighting so not a true FPS IMO). I feel like I made a (small) mistake because the load times were a lot faster on PC due to SSD, but as far as graphics I didn't notice a big difference anyway.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
I'd choose the 360 just because I would be able to play it on a larger TV. 14" screen? Yeah right. That'll never happen for me. Or I'd have to strap the laptop screen to my head so it seems bigger. o_O

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
I'd choose the 360 just because I would be able to play it on a larger TV. 14" screen? Yeah right. That'll never happen for me. Or I'd have to strap the laptop screen to my head so it seems bigger. o_O

It's called an HDMI cable.

Sep 5, 2016

i play on a laptop because i m not at home man.

at home i have a complete pc gaming setup with titanx pascal

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Oh I wasn't sure what you meant but yeah for sure!
i play on a laptop because i m not at home man.

at home i have a complete pc gaming setup with titanx pascal

Yeah I figured as much because I saw your sig when you first posted the thread. I was just providing my opinion on your question. If I was traveling then a laptop would make more sense but you asked about both it vs an xbox. So if I had to choose one of those I'd take the 360 myself. Most hotels when I travel have a decent size TV in them. But honestly i don't think I'd tote around an xbox tbh. Seems like a hassle.

Last edited: