xbox 360 live?

matas

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2005
Christmas Day. Hooked up 360 and everything. Started creating a xbox live profile. At the end it asks me to pay or redeem code to get a gold membership. I thought xbox 360 comes with 1 month membership?

bsobel

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Dec 9, 2001
If your bundle did it should be on a card in the box (thats the redeem code option). You don't just get a month for signing up (or some people would just resign up each month...)

matas

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2005
Hm I don't think I got that card. I bought mine at buy.com xbox 360 pro

nycxandy

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Start a gold membership. It should detect your new console and give you the free month.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: bsobel
If your bundle did it should be on a card in the box (thats the redeem code option). You don't just get a month for signing up (or some people would just resign up each month...)

Actually, doesn't the console come with three separate free months for three live accounts? Mine did.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Well my brother had set up a zune account before he got a 360 with his email address. it turns out that he had to use a completely different email address in order to get his free month.

Have you used your current email address for other MS sites? And have you tried using a different email address?

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: ObscureCaucasian
I'm pretty sure you pick silver, then it will be like hey free Live.

Yes, I just hooked up my brother's 360 pro this morning, I briefly looked around for a code but then I decided that to get him up and running ASAP I'd just select Silver for the moment. A message popped up that said he gets a free month of Gold.