Xbox 1 Master chief unit with 2 free games,349.99$

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I can't find any details on how to get the free game from Microsoft. Could you help me out with this? I've held back on the purchase until then.

Also, as an aside, I've been out of gaming for a long time. Looks like Newegg will let you pick between The Witcher 3 and Elder Scrolls Online Unlimited. Which of these two would have a better trade in value at GameStop, since I don't really care for either of them? LOL! ;)

CalebRockeT

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
I can't find any details on how to get the free game from Microsoft. Could you help me out with this? I've held back on the purchase until then.

There are links to Amazon and Best Buy that allow you to pick your free game on Major Nelson's announcement page here.

slugg

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
There are links to Amazon and Best Buy that allow you to pick your free game on Major Nelson's announcement page here.

So then this thread is bogus? The deal/thread says the console + 2 free games... How do I get the second free game?

CalebRockeT

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
So then this thread is bogus? The deal/thread says the console + 2 free games... How do I get the second free game?

I have no idea how the example from the OP in which the Witcher III is combo'd with a One bundle at Newegg works out. I didn't even notice it to be honest.

I only saw that Microsoft is running a promotion in which you get a single free game with the purchase of an Xbox One, which is better than a kick in the pants, if you were in the market for a One bundle, imo.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Seems like a nice deal. The deal seems legit from best buy and Amazon as they allow you to pick the game.

At newegg if you look at the 1TB version right below the xbox pic on the left is the option to add the Elder Scrolls for free. It says 2 item combo. Click the check box and select add to cart. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868105138

Here is the combo link. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2391215

Edit: If you scroll down to the bottom of one of the xbox one console page you'll see a few more free game offerings.

I have a question. What size HDD does the Xbone have and can it be replaced by its owner?
Edit: It's a 2.5" HDD and replacement looks difficult.

Also, which one of the free games at bestbuy would have the most replayability offline?

Last edited:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
FWIW Microsoft has the deal with a free game and $50 microsoft store promo code that is delivered within 10 days. The game selection is fairly limited though and I didn't see the Witcher available on the 2 consoles viewed. The deal is only for today so I would grab it quick if you want it.

Awesomedude99

Dec 1, 2013
There are links to Amazon and Best Buy that allow you to pick your free game on Major Nelson's announcement page here
I did not know about that. I think it's awesome if you have a choice
Thanks for the info.
xbox.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.