X10 Entertainment Anywhere $59.99

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
X10 Entertainment Anywhere $59.99 with free shipping and a $20 Gift Certificate till 11/1/02. I was thinking about using one of these to send divx and MP3's to my living room..........how does it work?

i copied your post from above

Lupes

Feb 17, 2001
Works great. I've had this setup (with infrared extenders) with my Tivo for a year and a half now. Can watch Tivo in the bedroom :)

Two things to remember, picture quality is not that great and it is on the 2.4GHz frequency so if you have a 2.4GHz telephone, wireless network (802.11b) or even microwaves it can get interfered with.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Lupes
Works great. I've had this setup (with infrared extenders) with my Tivo for a year and a half now. Can watch Tivo in the bedroom :)

Two things to remember, picture quality is not that great and it is on the 2.4GHz frequency so if you have a 2.4GHz telephone, wireless network (802.11b) or even microwaves it can get interfered with.

personal experience: if you own this & a 2.4 ghz phone, you must take the battery out of the handset to use it. probably have to turn off anything 802.11b, and microwaves definitely interfere as well.

however, the picture quality can be very clear (as clear as rca can provide, this ain't hdtv we're talkin here), the sound's good, and the price is ok. but it takes an initial amount of fine tuning to get it good first, and it can be temperamental even after that. then again, i was living in an apartment, and probably had all kinds of microwaves, wifi & wireless phones around me without being able to help it. so... buy it if you think you can use it, but don't throw away the packaging immediately.

ouzome

Mar 27, 2001
I have this same unit hooked up to my downstairs TV, and have the receiver hooked up to the upstairs bedroom. Works great, and saved me from having to buy another satellite receiver and extra $5 a month. I have 802.11 and microwave which do not effect it, but I still have the 900 mhz phones. Anybody know where to get the IR sensor to hook up for remote control? I can't change the channel from upstairs, but with the IR sensor I could.