X-Plane Question

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Obviously FSX isn't going to have a sequel anytime soon, officially or unofficially so I need to start looking toward the future.

In regards to X-Plane 10, do any of the flight simmers here know of any aftermarket scenery/aircraft that is being developed for X-Plane? Specifically, I'm looking for things that are at least at the level of PMDG or Level-D. Flight fidelity aside, my biggest problem with X-Plane is lack of real world scenery and incredibly dumbed down cockpits. When you're used to simulated cockpits like 747X or LD767, jumping to XP10 is like going back 10 years.

I know PMDG is flirting with XP10 right now, but I've seen nothing that even remotely compares with FSX aftermarket aircraft in regards to graphics and cockpit simulation.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
Really too bad they botched Microsoft Flight and then cancelled it.

Agreed. I was really optimistic about Flight in the beginning but they screwed up bad. It could have worked, but they obviously didn't bother to understand who their target audience was and to make it worse it put a black mark on the entire MSFS legacy.

CrimsonWolf

Oct 28, 2000
Hadn't heard that they cancelled Flight but I'm glad they did. It was an insult to the MS Flight Sim legacy, as you mentioned.

Sorry, I don't have anything to add but I'm curious too. I owned every Flight Sim from 5.1 to X and am disappointed MS killed it off. I'm thinking of getting back into it and might give X-Plane 10 a go.

_Rick_

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2012
The DCS series is something to watch.
Yes, it's slightly combat-centric, and the number of planes available is limited, but I think they're moving towards a more open model, where they make maps and maintain the engine, and allow others to provide air frames.

Anteaus

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2010
The DCS series is something to watch.
Yes, it's slightly combat-centric, and the number of planes available is limited, but I think they're moving towards a more open model, where they make maps and maintain the engine, and allow others to provide air frames.

I own Black Shark 1 & 2 as well as A10. Looking forward to P-51. DCS World is a cool concept.