X-MAS GIFTS.??? WHAT NOW

LOWDRAG

Oct 17, 2000
WHAT IS EVERYONE GETTING THEIR SPOUSE THIS YEAR ?????
IVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 4 YEARS AND DAMN IF I DONT WAIT TILL THE WEEKEND BEFOR TO DECIDE WHAT TO GET HER...

just wondering if this is a problem for the rest of ya'll , and what are some good ideas????

females, , , please jump in give us some ideas!!!!

<< please dont freak about the x-mas thing , if your not a x-mas type (please insert holiday) ,if your not married good for you , what are you getting the girlfriend, and the last one i can think of without offending anyone,,,,,is,,,if your buying something for your husband tell us , kinda cool to see that perspective also....LOL >>

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
I'll know the day after christmas when everything goes on sale and I finally get over my hang-over.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Hello LOWDRAG

Suggest that the Missus gather all her favorite catalogues and circle the stuff she wants, including the color, style, etc. This has worked wonderfully for me the past few years.

Of course, what I REALLY want this year is a trip to the day spa. I'm not sure if I have been good enough, tho... but maybe it is not too late!

kassy

Sep 13, 2000
I am hoping to get mine today, a new PIII 800 :cool:

My husband still uses an AT board psupply and case :Q so I am hoping to drag him into ATX mode for Christmas.

Then ofcourse there is the candy cane, there is nothing like sucking on a candy cane on Christmas Day. ;)

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
I really really want a KitchenAid Mixer for Christmas this year. I have wanted one for the last five years actually, but we never had the money before. This year we do, so I am keeping my fingers crossed... :) But Isla is right, women are as different in what they want for Christmas as kids are picky with their food. We all have different tastes and just because we love something does not guarantee it will not be bounced off your head Christmas Day. :p

But the worst thing you can do is wait until the last minute. My husband does that to me, and it hurts that he does not take any time to pick out something he thinks I would love. The idea of Christmas is not what you give, but the love behind the present. So start listening to what she says, and pay attention to what she looks at when you go out. Then you will get an idea of what to buy. :)

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
bigvince.... yikes! I'm out of control! :D

kassy.... sounds good, but I still think I want to have strangers slather mineral infused mud all over my nekkid body. ;)

edit: GF, I'll talk to Santa for you. :)

LOWDRAG

Oct 17, 2000
GIRL FRIDAY,,,,

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT SHE SAYS AND LOOKS AT WHEN AT THE STORE?????

WHAT DO I LOOK LIKE A MONEY TREE???:)

either way thanks

kassy

Sep 13, 2000
LowDrag, do you mean to tell me they come in peppermint ?? :Q

I am still wondering if Isla is planning on wrestling along with the mud thing she has planned :D

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
OK, you typical man LOWDRAG, pay attention. ;) I said you will get an idea of what she likes, then you can get her something you can afford. Money is not the idea, its just the thought that goes into it. And when you find out what kind of stuff she likes, then you can ask us to help find what you can afford. I am a bargain shopper (aka cheap), and I know at least one other woman on here who is too. *cough* unxpurg8d *cough* So you find out and let us know, and we will help you get the most bang for your buck. :) Besides, shopping is always fun for me, even if its for somebody else.

Denali: I like that Kenmore one, I may have to look into that more. Thanks! :)

LOWDRAG

Oct 17, 2000
GF....
thats just it! what my wife likes i cant afford.....hence the question on the board , i thought id get some ideas and booya im the original kind of guy..OOPS...MAN....lmao

Nice pics of the kids bye the way......

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
GF: You might want to ask around in the rec.food.baking newsgroup as to which mixer would work best for the type of baking you do. I don't have a mixer but my sister is a baker so I try to somewhat knowedgeable about the subject.