WWJD: One time use coupon and account login info sent to my address (that wasn't for me)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
What would joo do?

Some gal used Lowes moving service to move her from New Mexico to South Carolina. For using the service Lowes sent her a link to a 1 time use 10% coupon good on any one time purchase up to 10k. She registered for an account and set up my email address in error as the email address for the account. I can sign into the account and get her address and phone number.

Would you call her and tell her that her account is botched? Or would you print the coupon off and mail it to her and tell her she should double check her email address? Would you print off the coupon and use it? :evil: Or would you contact Lowes and let them deal with it?

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
call her and see if she likes badgers

or just post her phone number here and i'll call and ask her myself :evil:

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Operating on the assumption that your are an honest person (still).

If you were single, I would contact the gal. She may not want the coupon and let you use it.

Seeing that you may not (if I recall from earlier posts of yours a couple of years ago and remember the photoshopped pics of the bathroom that you took:evil;),

contact Lowes, advise them of the situation, give them all the info.

Let them handle it.

After a month, then you can double check. If Lowes has not straightened out the situation by that point, you should feel free to use the coupon.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Heh. Odd that you would call only if single :) But to answer your question, I'm married.

I'm going to dig around and see if theres a number or address to contact for lowes.

It's just amusing because I had a lowe's open up about 5 minutes from my house.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Just so you are aware, those 10% coupons are easy to come by, they are in the USPS change of address book.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
thanks for the post office tip, i am moving soon and need a new washer/dryer and garden tractor ,etc

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: FoBoT
thanks for the post office tip, i am moving soon and need a new washer/dryer and garden tractor ,etc

According to the coupon, *some* washers & dryers are exempt from the discount. Nothing about garden tractors though.

BTW guys - thanks for the tip about the post office packet.