WWF No Mercy

Apr 5, 2000
My first PPV, it was ok.

I was really disappointed in the way they handled the Austin/Rikishi thing. It was cool how Austin beat the $hit outta Rikishi but they did it 45 minutes into the PPV, therefore ruining the rest of it, not to mention those are the fakest cops ever seen.

BTW, Kurt Angle is the new champ, thanks to an inadvertant kick by Rikishi.

ultravox

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
If any body has access to a DSS system, I would suggest the documentary playing om ch180 called "beyond the mat". Its an eye opening look at the life and work of a wrestler. You'll be surprised where many end up after their 15mins of fame and you will see some older wrestlers who have disappeared from the mainstream. Ever wonder what happened to Jake the Snake?

Apr 5, 2000
Thats how it is in any sport/job - you don't perform well (if you get paid a lot) then you get thrown in the pile of rejects. (Bret Hart had a fallout with the WWF because they felt he was no longer any good)

Oct 19, 2000
That was a pretty good PPV. I like Kurt Angle being the champion. I've liked him for a while now, and always thought he had potential. I agree though, I don't really like the way they did the Austin, Rikishi thing. It was kinda cool though to see the cop car come in there like that.:)

Of course, the PPV was much better by the match me and my friends have everytime during a boring match on TV. This time, I got put in a trash can and beat with a bowling pin.:) Ahhhh, lots of fun.....

ultravox

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You know I used to like wrestling a whole lot more when I thought it was all fake. Now that I see the beatings some of those guys take, I find it a bit too much..after all it's only about money.In the documentary, they showed a match between Mankind and The Rock and that poor SOB Mankind had a gash in his head about 1/2in wide and 3 long and all he was worried about was how the show looked...All the other wrestlers were coming by to tell him what a good match it was and his wife and children were freaking out seeing their daddy getting the snot beat out of him.....sad.

Apr 5, 2000
I agree about the whole Mick Foley thing but he did it out of loyalty to the WWF and the fans - his injuries made him retire though.

I hate Kurt Angle - what a moron. "Yes, its true, its true!"

goldboyd

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
i thought it sucked, i was working maybe 200 yards from the knick arena and just like the ppv, i get out at 11. took me an extra half hour or so to get home :(

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I didn't see it, was watching the Yanks game (what else? ;)).

Although I've been a big WWF fan for about 3-4 years now, I can't justify paying $30 to watch the PPV's. Unless its like a bunch of us chipping in, or some other way of getting it(;)) I usually just read the recap and watch the next RAW to see what happened.

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
just got back from my friends house watching the PPV
it was pretty good (although some kids were trying to wrestle in front of us *sigh*)
I didn't like how they did the Austin match and why did they do it so soon? shouldn't it have been toward the end of the show?
anyway I like Kurt being the champ.
At least the Rock didn't win
ITS TRUE ITS TRUE :D

Slap

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Nobody has mentioned the Los Concistadores winning the Tag Titles. I think Uno or was it Dos may have injured his wrist. It sure looked like it when he dove over the top rope.