WTH is this!? PayPal related

DukeFan21

Jan 15, 2002
About a week or 2 ago I bought a DVD drive from dell, and used my PayPal debit card. Amount was subtracted from my account, DVD drive came and checked out ok, and I thought everything was done. I just logged back into my PayPal account, and the money was refunded back into my account! Looks like this:

Debit Card Credit Received From: DELL CATALOG SALES L. 800-624-9897 TX 42.45

Can I expect to get a call from this, I am sure it will be taken out, or maybe I just got lucky!:D

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This is standard.

They preauthorize the funds to see if they're in your account. They will return for a day or two, then be taken away again when the final charge goes through.

DukeFan21

Jan 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Xerox Man
This is standard.

They preauthorize the funds to see if they're in your account. They will return for a day or two, then be taken away again when the final charge goes through.

Thanks, I thought I got lucky :frown:

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DukeFan21
This is standard.

Nope, sorry. The same thing happens to me at Newegg when I buy stuff with my debit card.

DukeFan21

Jan 15, 2002
This is standard.

Nope, sorry. The same thing happens to me at Newegg when I buy stuff with my debit card.

Strange, never happened to me at Newegg...this is off-topic, but how many days do I have to RMA something from Newegg? I bought a retail mobo that I think just crapped out on me, but I bought it in May :frown:

Legendary

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2002
This is standard.

Strange, never happened to me at Newegg...this is off-topic, but how many days do I have to RMA something from Newegg? I bought a retail mobo that I think just crapped out on me, but I bought it in May :frown:

RMA repair 90 days (i think), RMA refund is 30 days on everything but processors that are OEM..

DukeFan21

Jan 15, 2002
Ah wait, I think I might be in luck. From the RMA request page:

RMA Repair: You want to send the item back for replacement or repair (90 days and older items may be repaired if necessary). Please allow 3-4 working days processing time after we received your RMA

WTT0001

Golden Member
Jan 2, 2001
I just RMA'd a MB to newegg that I bought in may and had no problems at all. You should be allright I think.