WTFBBQ?

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: gistech1978
its not funny/cute
its never been funny/cute
and it never will be funny/cute

It was kinda funny the first time. Such a non sequitur, you know. It got unfunny very quickly though.

Originally posted by: Rage187
LOLLERSKATES?
that one was never funny.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
non se·qui·tur ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nn skw-tr, -tr)
n.

1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
non se·qui·tur ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nn skw-tr, -tr)
n.

1. An inference or conclusion that does not follow from the premises or evidence.
2. A statement that does not follow logically from what preceded it.

Is that an answer to the OP, or a response to my post?

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
A phrase which makes no sense, whatsoever, and which should be used when you really have no clue what you are talking about, or even who's pants you are wearing.
LOL

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Once again proving my theory that the trickle down theory of humour takes on average, about 16 months to get to Anandtech from SomethingAwful.

neonerd

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2003
OMGWTFBBQ I R SO LEET. My W@LLH@x will r0x0r your b0x0rz. L0L, I @r3 teh sh1t. ROFLMFAO!

killface

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
Originally posted by: PhasmatisNox
Some guy on SA started it.

More accurately, OMGWTFBBQ is a mod on SA. Here's his entry from the SA forum dictionary that explains his nick:

Information posted by OMGWTFBBQ on March 26, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Way back when, I used to work for a few online Mac Gaming websites. Inside Mac Games, Mac Gamer's Ledge, MacGamer, etc. During that time, I was often to be found on GameRanger, a Mac equivalent to Gamespy Arcade (it's actually better if you ask me). Anyhow, there was another Mac gaming website run by a few Mac gamers with a sense of humor, Utterer.com, which was headed by none other than Frank "Utterer" Caratozzolo. Frank was also always on GameRanger, and we always chatted.

One day, a person logged into GameRanger that was just a bit too AOLish for our tastes. As in, every time the guy said anything in chat, it had a "OMG" or a "LOL" or a "ROFLMAO" attached to it. Of course this gets annoying rather quickly, and Frank was tired of this guy's moronic BS. So what does any ration, sane person do? He floods the channel with as many acronyms as he can. Frank Started off with "OMG WTF BBQ DSL TNT BBC CNN CBS PCP RNR PBS NBA NFL..." and everyone else followed suit. The whole channel just spouted off every three letter acronym they could think of. The idiot got the hint and logged off.

And that's where OMGWTFBBQ comes from. True, utterly boring, story.

Edit - the SA forums rule. It's well worth the 10bux.