WTF, what has this world come to?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Gonna vote for Biden? I also support the dementia candidate. It's gonna be hilarious when he hits the button to get more pudding and accidentally launches the nukes.
It sounds like you sure do support the dementia incumbent.

Nov 20, 2009
I work front desk receptionist in a hospital. I frequently have to gently remind people to pull on mask or pull them up over their noses. I also have to ask them to doff their gloves and use our hand sanitizer. I have had a few people get nasty, really nasty & yes, I worry about getting shot. Our administration has zero tolerance for people who act this way but someone who whips out a gun will kill me & or the screeners quicker than the police can get there.

I was called a “ libtard” last week for gently reminding a man to put on his mask and telling him we just want to keep him safe & well. :(
I would question why your employer cares less about you than its patients. Oh yeah, health industry is a BUSINESS, and you cost them but patients make them money. Personally, I would have expected hospital security to tell the fuckers to get the masks on or get their asses out of the hospital.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I would question why your employer cares less about you than its patients. Oh yeah, health industry is a BUSINESS, and you cost them but patients make them money. Personally, I would have expected hospital security to tell the fuckers to get the masks on or get their asses out of the hospital.

Security will tell them to follow hospital rules but..... they aren’t stationed at the desk constantly. Also, these guys aren’t armed, somebody with an attitude armed with a gun could shoot any of us.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Had one here just in past few days, local store, they even provide them masks.
Teenage girl working the register, offered the free mask. State employee goes on tirade about his "rights" and cussing at this highschool girl just doing her job.
I have not see the girl working since the post went up. Hopefully the man identified in the video who is local faces repercussions.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I work front desk receptionist in a hospital. I frequently have to gently remind people to pull on mask or pull them up over their noses. I also have to ask them to doff their gloves and use our hand sanitizer. I have had a few people get nasty, really nasty & yes, I worry about getting shot. Our administration has zero tolerance for people who act this way but someone who whips out a gun will kill me & or the screeners quicker than the police can get there.

I was called a “ libtard” last week for gently reminding a man to put on his mask and telling him we just want to keep him safe & well. :(

Having a third of the country become an ignoramus cult can be dangerous in addition to the other problems it causes.

Reactions: Captante
Nov 20, 2009
Security will tell them to follow hospital rules but..... they aren’t stationed at the desk constantly. Also, these guys aren’t armed, somebody with an attitude armed with a gun could shoot any of us.
And all of that is the hospital administrator's decision. Not to station them at admissions, not to arm them. NOT, Not not. All because it costs $$$. It is cheaper to have a low-dollar employee suffer than it is to encourage good behavior and provide a sense of security.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
And all of that is the hospital administrator's decision. Not to station them at admissions, not to arm them. NOT, Not not. All because it costs $$$. It is cheaper to have a low-dollar employee suffer than it is to encourage good behavior and provide a sense of security.

Hospitals are in a hard situation,the vast majority of patients are peaceful, compliant with hospital rules. Arming security guards or paying off duty police who display guns would seriously frighten many. Just having regular security guards staff the desks gets negative press garney reviews from patients. What they want is kind, compassionate folks like me who are welcoming & recognize their anxiety at having to be at the hospital.

hospitals are not prisons, they are supposed to be places of care, compassion & healing. Armed gunmen at the front door does’t give that message.

I just have to trust & believe in my people skills, know when to back down & when to call for help.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

Someone literally said that out loud IRL??