WTF, what has this world come to?

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Yesterday on the news, a man pulls a knife when someone confronts him for not wearing a mask in a store. He stabs the man confronting him. Cops come & the guy charges the cops with the knife. Cops shoot him. I believe he's dead, not sure how the guy that got stabbed is doing.

Crazy times indeed :(

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Yesterday on the news, a man pulls a knife when someone confronts him for not wearing a mask in a store. He stabs the man confronting him. Cops come & the guy charges the cops with the knife. Cops shoot him. I believe he's dead, not sure how the guy that got stabbed is doing.

I heard about a guy who brandished his gun when confronted by a store employee.
Not sure how that story ended.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Yes, he was killed. You forgot the 'drove his car into the store' part of the report. On the other hand, it proved the gun nuts right. THAT is why they needed guns, to protect their rights from the tyranny of wearing masks.

Reactions: highland145
Nov 20, 2009
This pandemic is making people acting like animals, I have no words for what's happening in this video.

Have you not seen the documentary Idiocracy? Well, with what is sitting in the Oval office no wonder the world has become an opportunity of least common denominator. I blame bad parenting, but that's my excuse for everything, including bad parents.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Since this is still in OT, why has no-one made the analogy of AIDS and condoms? If AIDS were starting to run rampant, even among the hetrosexual crowd, would wearing condoms, trigger these old white geezers to claim tyranny, and shoot people over being asked to wear a condom? I mean, I know "sex workers" have a difficult life already.

Seriously, people, why not wear a mask? It's not exactly rocket science, that it slows / stops the spread of COVID-19. I'd rather wear masks now, than be forced to receive an injection at gunpoint, wouldn't you? Now THAT would be tyranny.

PS. It is entirely within the rights of the PRIVATE shop-owners, to REQUIRE potential customers to WEAR A MASK, just like SHOES, PANTS, and a SHIRT.

It's almost like some people get upset, at being asked to have good hygiene. And get violent about it.

Since when does HYGIENE == TYRANNY?

Reactions: Craig234

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

I believe that was Michigan.

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Have you not seen the documentary Idiocracy? Well, with what is sitting in the Oval office no wonder the world has become an opportunity of least common denominator. I blame bad parenting, but that's my excuse for everything, including bad parents.

Gonna vote for Biden? I also support the dementia candidate. It's gonna be hilarious when he hits the button to get more pudding and accidentally launches the nukes.

I would actually blame the lack of parenting. Where is this kids Dad at?

This shit needs to move to P and N with all the woke apologists. They can sit around and masturbate and blame it on whitey.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Since this is still in OT, why has no-one made the analogy of AIDS and condoms? If AIDS were starting to run rampant, even among the hetrosexual crowd, would wearing condoms, trigger these old white geezers to claim tyranny, and shoot people over being asked to wear a condom? I mean, I know "sex workers" have a difficult life already.

Seriously, people, why not wear a mask? It's not exactly rocket science, that it slows / stops the spread of COVID-19. I'd rather wear masks now, than be forced to receive an injection at gunpoint, wouldn't you? Now THAT would be tyranny.

PS. It is entirely within the rights of the PRIVATE shop-owners, to REQUIRE potential customers to WEAR A MASK, just like SHOES, PANTS, and a SHIRT.

It's almost like some people get upset, at being asked to have good hygiene. And get violent about it.

Hard for me to change after 35 years. 6 months ago, come in my shop and I shoot you if you have a mask. Today, is that a n95 or "imma takin yo shit" mask.

Still assuming the latter. Yeah...been robbed zero times but the office pays for my guns/ammo/holsters/permits/ cameras/"You will die" signs. Some scary stuff out there.

Reactions: gill77 and pcgeek11

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
The animals have always been amongst us, the pandemic is just empowering them, just like tRump is empowering the racist, bigots, and stupid.

I cant figure out if youre talking about republicans or democrats. I mean I read the thing from the smithsonian today..

I love a good steak and potatos.
I believe in a nuclear family and supporting my children.
I believe in individuality.
I believe in god.
I believe in working for a living.
I love holidays too!

So according to the smithsonian whast does that make me? If you are against those things what does that make you?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I cant figure out if youre talking about republicans or democrats. I mean I read the thing from the smithsonian today..

I believe in god.
I love holidays too!

So according to the smithsonian whast does that make me? If you are against those things what does that make you?
Potatoes suck you filthy potatohead!

• Haha
Reactions: Ken g6

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
That's not pandemic-related. That appears to be a fight between adolescents. Responsible adults didn't appear to be present. All I can say is, hopefully no one was injured.

But yeah....besides that, a bunch of stuff is really messed up these days.

Mar 11, 2004
Ya, I think I mixed it up with another story, which I can't find now.

Months back there were some. One, after being asked to wear a mask, some woman left and her boyfriend or husband went back to the store and shot the security guard. And then there was one where the person drove into the store. I think there was also a third where they stabbed an employee over it. Probably others but I recall those.

Uh, have you met men? They've been douchebags trying to not wear condoms forever. And there for sure were straight guys that thought they didn't need to wear condoms because AIDS was only getting gays. Ironically, there was quite a lot of that mentality in the gay community too (which grew out of the frustration of having other assholes trying to control their sexuality/sex lives; same reason women are pissed about birth control access being restricted by other people), and the death actually led some to expand their risky behavior as they thought it was possibly inevitable that they were going to get it and die so there's no point to trying to take precautions to prevent it.

Oh and yes, the same type of conservative assholes going apeshit over masks have pushed exactly that type of shit. Look at Catholics and their condemnation of condoms (and repeatedly deliberately claiming they wouldn't help with AIDS - some have even said it would make it worse; while they wouldn't officially say it, I think there's evidence that they tied aid to AIDS ravaged regions to downplaying condom use and pushing abstinence only shit when they absolutely knew it would make the AIDS crisis worse).

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003

I believe in god.
I love holidays too!

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kaido

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Months back there were some. One, after being asked to wear a mask, some woman left and her boyfriend or husband went back to the store and shot the security guard. And then there was one where the person drove into the store. I think there was also a third where they stabbed an employee over it. Probably others but I recall those.

This was from multiple stories I saw in the last week or two. But maybe I misread.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I work front desk receptionist in a hospital. I frequently have to gently remind people to pull on mask or pull them up over their noses. I also have to ask them to doff their gloves and use our hand sanitizer. I have had a few people get nasty, really nasty & yes, I worry about getting shot. Our administration has zero tolerance for people who act this way but someone who whips out a gun will kill me & or the screeners quicker than the police can get there.

I was called a “ libtard” last week for gently reminding a man to put on his mask and telling him we just want to keep him safe & well. :(

Reactions: FaaR

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I work front desk receptionist in a hospital. I frequently have to gently remind people to pull on mask or pull them up over their noses. I also have to ask them to doff their gloves and use our hand sanitizer. I have had a few people get nasty, really nasty & yes, I worry about getting shot. Our administration has zero tolerance for people who act this way but someone who whips out a gun will kill me & or the screeners quicker than the police can get there.

I was called a “ libtard” last week for gently reminding a man to put on his mask and telling him we just want to keep him safe & well. :(

How dare you?!? That was just rude!
( the level of dumbshittery is astounding)