WTF?!? GODDAMM AT&T keeps grabbing my long-distance service! Bastards!

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
This is like the third time this year that AT&T has swiped my LD service from IDT without my permission. I even had my line locked with Verizon last time so that they couldn't do it again. Now they signed me up for a buisness line on my home number. WTF?!? Every time it takes me hours and multiple phonecalls to AT&T, verizon, IDT to get it straightened out, not to mention the service fees for switching my LD carrier. I fsking HATE AT&T. Isn't there anything you can do about this? Isn't it illegal for them to do this?

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Oh, and to add insult to injury the entire bill consists of one call to Las Vegas for $15 dollars which I didn't even make.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Snatchface
Oh, and to add insult to injury the entire bill consists of one call to Las Vegas for $15 dollars which I didn't even make.

Whom do they say made the call, when it was made, etc?

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
The concensus opinion here from previous threads is that a "supervisor" is just another cubicle-monkey answering calls who acts more official. I plan to give 'em hell on Monday and request reimnursement for my time spend sorting it out.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Snatchface
The concensus opinion here from previous threads is that a "supervisor" is just another cubicle-monkey answering calls who acts more official.

What about his superviser?

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I'm not going to waste any more time until Monday so that there are no more excuses. It takes about 30 min to even talk to someone at customer support and I'll pop an aneurysm if I have to do that again and then be told to call back on Monday.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
I believe its called slamming, and *may* be illegal. I know Sprint offers an option in which you have to give an access code or some such in order for your carrier to be changed. In other words, if you turn on the feature, your stuck with Sprint until you call in and provide the correct info to get it switched.
Makes it a pain in the ass to switch, but on the flip side you dont get slammed. See if your local carrier offers and options like that.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Right! I did that last time. So now it seems that they signed me up for an entirely new service. This must be a work-around for them to avoid that block.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
I hear that, except the worst experience I've had is with mci. I'm so aggravated I can't even expound how much they've raped me on charges while not sending me bills, etc.. *ARGH*

anywho, my solution was vonage. If at all possible, I will never use verizon, at&t, or mci again.

Hossenfeffer

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: isaacmacdonald
I hear that, except the worst experience I've had is with mci. I'm so aggravated I can't even expound how much they've raped me on charges while not sending me bills, etc.. *ARGH*

anywho, my solution was vonage. If at all possible, I will never use verizon, at&t, or mci again.

How's Vonage treatin' ya? I've been tempted to give it a shot. Get a line and then add an oregon number, new york number, etc.

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Thanks for the link man. That means I get 30 days of free calls. Man are they going to be sorry they slammed me.