WTF Does this meeting "Pre-Work" Mean?

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I have a stupid continuing education (for work) class, and I just read my email about it...

It says:

Hello!

Welcome to Advanced Presentation Skills. This is the prework for this class. You will need to arrive in the class ready to present a business related topic of your choice.

Attached is the Impact Design Form. You can use this as your template to prepare your business-related presentation. You will receive a participant guide when you arrive to the class. The guide will be covered thoroughly throughout the two days.

In the past, participants have presented everything from sales pitches to places to eat near the office. Anything is acceptable, as long as it is [My Company] related. Ideally, you would use this opportunity to practice for an upcoming presentation or you may want to develop something new. In either case, there will be no prep-time during the class. Prease arrive ready to present your topic

Then there are 4 pages of example outlines, etc.. And then four blank pages.. Am I supposed to show up ready to give a Presentation or to give a topic that I would like to use for a presentation? There are a lot of sections in the 4 pages that I have no idea what they are talking about?

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Pre : before
Work : stuff that needs to be done.

class pre-work would then be "stuff that needs to be done before class", then, right? And then right there in the second sentence, it says You will need to arrive in the class ready to present a business related topic of your choice.

what are you not getting? :confused:

TimMyMac

Dec 10, 2004
I would say it's more of a idea that you are presenting, either way I would go with nothing and wing it :D

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Amorphus
Pre : before
Work : stuff that needs to be done.

class pre-work would then be "stuff that needs to be done before class", then, right? And then right there in the second sentence, it says You will need to arrive in the class ready to present a business related topic of your choice.

what are you not getting? :confused:

Well the person below you is confused the same way I am..

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
wow, you guys really brought this thread back from the dead.. Glad I did the prework, however they did give us time because some people didnt.. Oh well