WTF Bush - Appoints Lee Greenwood to National Council on the Arts

jeffw2767602

Banned
Aug 22, 2007
Originally posted by: winnar111
What's the problem?

What about that do you find acceptable? Seriously, I would be willing to guess that guy knows very very little about art. He does cover songs....seriously.....wtf. It's like appointing G.I. Joe as the Secretary of Defense.

Edit: G.I. Joe would be far more qualified haha

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: jeffw2767602
Originally posted by: winnar111
What's the problem?

What about that do you find acceptable? Seriously, I would be willing to guess that guy knows very very little about art. He does cover songs....seriously.....wtf. It's like appointing G.I. Joe as the Secretary of Defense.

Edit: G.I. Joe would be far more qualified haha
That, or maybe he's like me, checking out Google to see who Lee Greenwood is.

And what I'm finding is not encouraging.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
OH MY GOD! NO WAY!? what an asshole. thats it the government is screwed Now if we have a Art disaster we are fucked.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
OH MY GOD! NO WAY!? what an asshole. thats it the government is screwed Now if we have a Art disaster we are fucked.

Since so much of today's "art" is already a disaster, it sounds like this council is yet another gov't agency asleep at the wheel! I demand a "60 Minutes" investigation, stat! If Bush had any real guts, he'd refuse to appoint anyone to the council and request it be abolished. I wonder how much this costs us?

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Updated with link to refresh peoples' memory.

I thought everyone knew who that dude was.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Could have been worse, could have been Hank Williams Jr.

He ain't his daddy, but even Hank Williams, Jr. has more artist credibility than Lee Greenwood.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
It's sad that all I feel is relief that he didn't screw something up that's more important.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: yowolabi
It's sad that all I feel is relief that he didn't screw something up that's more important.

thats why some are jokeing about it. i think most feel this way.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: yowolabi

thats why some are jokeing about it. i think most feel this way.

Yeah, I really aint worried about the National Council of Arts. That's the first time that I've heard about it, and it sounds like a complete waste of money.

bbdub333

Aug 21, 2007
Originally posted by: deftron

He ain't his daddy, but even Hank Williams, Jr. has more artist credibility than Lee Greenwood.

Looking at Greenwood's wiki page, he looks like he has a pretty decent and somewhat diverse artistic background... people associate him with that one song and somehow he's a failure? This thread is a waste.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Yeah if you live in a Trailer Park with a car up on blocks in the front. Don't get me wrong, living in a Trailer Park can be exciting, at least from what I gathered watching episodes of COPS.

jeffw2767602

Banned
Aug 22, 2007
Originally posted by: bbdub333

Looking at Greenwood's wiki page, he looks like he has a pretty decent and somewhat diverse artistic background... people associate him with that one song and somehow he's a failure? This thread is a waste.

Diverse artistic background? This dude wouldn't know art if it hit him in the face. Diversity doesn't mean going from country music to pop music. Playing a saxophone when you are nine doesn't count lol. This has nothing to do with his crappy songs. This has everything to do with the fact that he has no more business being on that council than Mariah Carey does.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

http://latimesblogs.latimes.co...11/lee-greenwoods.html

6 year term...

I guess you gotta give Bush some props.

If you're gona go down hard, make sure you F up EVERYTHING
on your way out.

For those that don't remember him,
Lee Greenwood is the one hit wonder that sang God Bless the USA

Country music isn't my thing, but claiming he's a "one hit wonder" only shows your complete ignorance of the topic that you've created.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000

Yeah if you live in a Trailer Park with a car up on blocks in the front. Don't get me wrong, living in a Trailer Park can be exciting, at least from what I gathered watching episodes of COPS.

Wow ....... just Wow!