WTB New AMD Driver...

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Reading positive reports at [H]... but waiting for more info. Hopefully the articles go up soon.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I'm sure there will be some reviews up in the next day or so. This is what I've been waiting for to inform my next GPU purchase.

ashetos

Jul 23, 2013
So this frame pacing thing, it's just adding delay, is it not? Reduce actual performance to improve user experience, or is it something more sophisticated?

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Ohh.. now I see!
Nvidia, at least had their "bricKING" drivers on time! Just as scheduled!

That's ridiculous. There is no solid evidence that the drivers were "bricking" cards D:

All you have is hearsay. I don't even think drivers can brick a card. What likely happened is that some people were running modified BIOS with unstable settings, and the driver exposed those issues because new drivers will tap into hardware features in more aggressive ways.

But they don't brick cards... That's absurd..

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's ridiculous. There is no solid evidence that the drivers were "bricking" cards D:

All you have is hearsay. I don't even think drivers can brick a card. What likely happened is that some people were running modified BIOS with unstable settings, and the driver exposed those issues because new drivers will tap into hardware features in more aggressive ways.

But they don't brick cards... That's absurd..

Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt anymore.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Denial, it's not just a river in Egypt anymore.

Whatever. Show me some proof if you have any. In all my years of being a PC hardware enthusiast, I've never heard of display drivers bricking a card.

When a card is bricked, it's always due to some sort of hardware failure (ie fan or capacitor), physical damage, or extreme overclocks accompanied with high voltages..

stahlhart

Super Moderator Graphics Cards
Dec 21, 2010
Thread closed; another discussion here for the new AMD drivers has been opened, so we'll leave this one be.
-- stahlhart

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.