Wrrrrr,What will be the next big war after Iraq

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Probably the next war will be here against rioting mothers and fathers of dead soldiers and against protesters of the war.

Why would there be rioting?

Or is this just another classic moonbeam post that trolls for a reaction?;)

CkG

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's all in the definition, CAD. When the govt wants to present demonstrations as riots, they'll do so, much as they did recently in Miami. Hell, they'll make it a riot, if they so desire. If we can't extricate ourselves from Iraq RSN, that kind of stuff will become more likely, a la the Vietnam War and the Chicago Democratic convention, where the cops basically rioted.

Other than that, the next neocon target is likely Syria. They have no significant allies and are confronted with US troops on one side and the Israelis on the other... First the US invades, then the Israelis move in on the west side, ostensibly to maintain order and all that... Can't happen prior to the pacification of Iraq, however...

I doubt that the Chinese will allow American troops in the DPRK any more now than they would in 1950. That doesn't preclude the US starting the shooting, sacrificing a few million ROK citizens while we sit back in our new rear area positions and lob cruise missiles in support of our ROK allies... Makes war a lot more palatable at home when the casualties are non-existant.. The Chinese might put up with that, it would seriously weaken one of their chief economic rivals, the ROK. American troops north of the truce line wouldn't go over, at all...

Am I cynical about the Neocons? You Bet. Their domestic policy and foreign adventurism will destroy our government under a mountain of debt, allow corporate interests to effectively run America, regardless of what the people want...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
It's all in the definition, CAD. When the govt wants to present demonstrations as riots, they'll do so, much as they did recently in Miami. Hell, they'll make it a riot, if they so desire. If we can't extricate ourselves from Iraq RSN, that kind of stuff will become more likely, a la the Vietnam War and the Chicago Democratic convention, where the cops basically rioted.

Other than that, the next neocon target is likely Syria. They have no significant allies and are confronted with US troops on one side and the Israelis on the other... First the US invades, then the Israelis move in on the west side, ostensibly to maintain order and all that... Can't happen prior to the pacification of Iraq, however...

I doubt that the Chinese will allow American troops in the DPRK any more now than they would in 1950. That doesn't preclude the US starting the shooting, sacrificing a few million ROK citizens while we sit back in our new rear area positions and lob cruise missiles in support of our ROK allies... Makes war a lot more palatable at home when the casualties are non-existant.. The Chinese might put up with that, it would seriously weaken one of their chief economic rivals, the ROK. American troops north of the truce line wouldn't go over, at all...

Am I cynical about the Neocons? You Bet. Their domestic policy and foreign adventurism will destroy our government under a mountain of debt, allow corporate interests to effectively run America, regardless of what the people want...
Gosh it's nice to see somebody with comprehension.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Gosh it's nice to see somebody with comprehension.

Thats nice and all, but it doesn't address my questions.

You "fear" Neocons - and I fear pacifists and those who seem to wish that our nation wasn't as strong. Call it what you will but I won't sit back and let our nation weaken itself just so we aren't "powerful". Other nations strive to be what what we are. Are we perfect? Hell no, but I'll take this over ANY other nation on God's green earth. I don't buy the "the world will like us if we aren't as powerful" BS. They'll only like us until they can overtake/control us;) Thinking that by weakening our "power" will somehow benefit the world is asinine -the U.S. does alot of good in the world, and alot of places would be devastated if we weren't as strong as we are.
As for the "next war" - I think the question is absurd, because the only real answer is "I don't know" and/or "Where ever we(and/or allies) are threatened".

Now again, moonbeam - why would there be rioting and "war" here at home against protesters and parents?

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Now again, moonbeam - why would there be rioting and "war" here at home against protesters and parents?
---------------
I like this answer:

"It's all in the definition, CAD. When the govt wants to present demonstrations as riots, they'll do so, much as they did recently in Miami. Hell, they'll make it a riot, if they so desire. If we can't extricate ourselves from Iraq RSN, that kind of stuff will become more likely, a la the Vietnam War and the Chicago Democratic convention, where the cops basically rioted.

Am I cynical about the Neocons? You Bet. Their domestic policy and foreign adventurism will destroy our government under a mountain of debt, allow corporate interests to effectively run America, regardless of what the people want..."

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
---------------
I like this answer:

"It's all in the definition, CAD. When the govt wants to present demonstrations as riots, they'll do so, much as they did recently in Miami. Hell, they'll make it a riot, if they so desire. If we can't extricate ourselves from Iraq RSN, that kind of stuff will become more likely, a la the Vietnam War and the Chicago Democratic convention, where the cops basically rioted.

Am I cynical about the Neocons? You Bet. Their domestic policy and foreign adventurism will destroy our government under a mountain of debt, allow corporate interests to effectively run America, regardless of what the people want..."

No - I want your answer - not some half-baked conspiracy theory posted by someone else. Why did you post it? Why won't you answer the question?
Please explain why there will be a war against rioting parents and against the war protestors.

CkG

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
CAD-

You "fear" Neocons - and I fear pacifists and those who seem to wish that our nation wasn't as strong. Call it what you will but I won't sit back and let our nation weaken itself just so we aren't "powerful".

My point being that this current war and talk of more is really what's weakening us. With our forces tied down in an occupation following a war w/o justification, we have reduced ability to respond elsewhere, while ever-increasing debt threatens to cut the financial basis of our greatness out from under us. We have assumed tremendous liabilities for no gain beyond the profits of Neocon cronyism.

Having a strong military is the equivalent of having a really good sword in the old days. Best to keep it in the scabbard, unless you really need to use it, rather than let others see just how ineptly you handle it.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
CAD-

You "fear" Neocons - and I fear pacifists and those who seem to wish that our nation wasn't as strong. Call it what you will but I won't sit back and let our nation weaken itself just so we aren't "powerful".

My point being that this current war and talk of more is really what's weakening us. With our forces tied down in an occupation following a war w/o justification, we have reduced ability to respond elsewhere, while ever-increasing debt threatens to cut the financial basis of our greatness out from under us. We have assumed tremendous liabilities for no gain beyond the profits of Neocon cronyism.

Having a strong military is the equivalent of having a really good sword in the old days. Best to keep it in the scabbard, unless you really need to use it, rather than let others see just how ineptly you handle it.

Not backing up resolutions and cease-fire agreements shows glaring ineptitude.

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The next war is wherever the US wants it to be. If we want a war, no one can stop us, including ourselves.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
No - I want your answer - not some half-baked conspiracy theory posted by someone else. Why did you post it? Why won't you answer the question?
Please explain why there will be a war against rioting parents and against the war protestors.
-------------
You were led to the trough. It's up to you to drink.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
-------------
You were led to the trough. It's up to you to drink.

I want to drink from YOUR fountain of knowledge - oh great one:p
Playing the "What he said" game is BS. I would like to know what YOUR reason for posting that was.

CkG