Writing a speech

Pyxis

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
I need some help writing a speech.

I have been real sick the last couple of days and I couldn't write a speech that is due tomorrow.

I have the intro and some of the body done but I can't think of anything else to write. The topic is "good communication skills in the job market". If I can't think of anything I'll just expand the topic.

All I need are some suggestions as to why good communication skill are important in the business world.

TIA,
Steve:)

Oh and wish me luck, this is my first speech and I have a real hard time speaking in front of people.

Pyxis

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
^

All I need are a couple more things to write about. I need about a 1:30 seconds to the speech. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated:)

And no Adul you won't get any sexual favors for helping me out:disgust:

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
What's in your intro? The intro basically introduces the body of the topic.

Some offhand suggestions would be show how poor communication skills are detrimental to the working environment or give examples of two different scenarios, one using good speech and one using bad and explain why the good speech one is better.

Pyxis

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
Well my thesis is pretty broad, it says that "Communication skills are esential in today's job market."

Then in my body starts out with how employers complain that the incoming labor force does not have good communication skills. Next, I'm giving examples of occupations that require people to have good speaking skills such as lawyers and teachers.

Oh and my intro goes something like this.

I start out saying something in a foreign language. I stop and then ask the audience if they understood what I said. Then I say that understanding someone with poor communication skills can be just as bad as trying to understand what I said.

Do you think I should drop the foreign language sentence or is that good?