writer's strike ftw.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
What is "The Sopranos"? Is it a variety of reality TV show where groups of girls fight for the best spots in a choir?

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
the writer's strike caused me to watch the office - and I love it. That show is so hilarious. My girlfriend hated it at first, but after about 3-4 episodes it is great. The pranks Jim plays on Dwight are so funny.

I also have read more since the writer's strike. And I would recommend Ishmael by Danial Quinn to anyone.

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
on a 2nd note. This is how my girlfriend find "our" shows. We give a show 3-4 episodes and if we like it, then we rent every disc for every season and watch it pretty much straight through in our free time.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: JeffreyLebowski
Originally posted by: NaOH
i was just researching more about this. I want to see the new episodes of the Office!!!! Supposedly jim and pam have a dinner party at MICHAEL'S house. =(

What's the progress on this, it's a bitch to stay up to date.

How anyone can like this show is beyond me. I loved Office Space, but "The Office" is horrible. It is dumb and nothing is remotely funny. I got suckered into watching an episode because one of my friends finds it hilarious an I was like, what's so funny?

Different people have different taste - imagine that. Notice that I am not amazed that you don't like it, despite its critical and commercial success and the fact that it is very highly rated at IMDB and TV.com. Because different people have different taste.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: GRIFFIN1
I'm going to get "Mork and Mindy" from Netflix. I never watched "Cheers", so maybe I'll get that too. :)

Cheers is great. Unfortunately they haven't released a new season in the last year and a half, which is odd considering their previous pace of about 2 per year. Makes me worry that they're never going to release the last 3 seasons. :( I have the first 8 on DVD.

I just picked up The Critic, Dilbert and News Radio (full series of each) in the recent buy 1 get 1 free sale at Amazon.com, and I got the full series of King of Queens in a recent buy 1 get 1 sale at Deep Discount DVD. Those will keep me occupied for a long while.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I agree.

I've been watching all the Star Trek TNG episodes.

I'm on Season 5 now.

Just as good as when they first aired IMO.