Wrestling EXPOSED

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Ted Kopell: Hello I'm Ted Kopell and this...........is nightline. And tonight our topic is Prowrstling: Meaningless fad or miserable trend? Professional wrestling is one of the most popular things out there today. But here's a shocker. It's all fake. That's right nothing is real and they have writers that write the thing! Well joing us tonight are the top 4 promoters in the world, Vince Mcmahon owner of the WWF, Eric Bishoff owner of the WCW, Paul Heyman owner of he ECW and part time yamka salesman and Dave McClain owner of the WOW.
Dave: Hiya Phil!

Ted; Indeed. Now Vince how do you react to the allegations that wrestling is fake?

Vince: Well Ted the public has know that for years. Wrestling is just another show like NYPD Blue or All in the Family. It's a form of entertainment.

Dave: Wait a minute! wait a minute! So your telling me that I spent two hours on the phone last night with the California athletic commision trying to get a licence so that terri Gold could wrestler Ice Cold tommorow night and your telling me it's all for naught cause the match is fixed?

Bishoff: The outcome is predetermiened,yes.

Dave: Well sir, I don't know what kind of con you guys are running but in WOW all the action is real.

Ted: So what your saying Mr.McClain if I may be so bold that your wrestling is real.

Dave: You bet your bippy!

Ted: Well how come this man has real wrestling and you guys don.t?

Bishoff: There is no such thing as real wrestling.

Dave: oh so all those kids that wrestle in high school gyms...that's fake/ And the olympic trilas those are fake too? And that time me and Selina Majors covered ourselves in hot oil and rolled around my basment...that was fake?

Vince: of course that wrestling is real but proffesional wrestling isn't. It's athletes playing the part of acharcter and dazzling the crowd with athletsim. Take for example you lady...Ice Cold...where is she from?

Dave: The Deep Freeze.

Bishoff: Oh and where is that located????

Dave: Someplace cold.

Paul: Ah c'mon what's her real name?

Dave: Ice Cold!

Paul: it is not!

Dave: Now look Ice Cold maybe very evil but she is not a liar!

Ted: So what your saying is that you found a woman in the deep freeze and she wrestles for you.

Dave: Yes I am.

Ted: Fascinating......and on that that note we'll take a time out.

TO BE CONTINUED.....

GoldenGuppy

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2000
I can't believe TED would lower himself to this level! Arguing the authenticity of pro wrestling w/ Vince!

P.S. Obviously made up by our buddy GoldenBear here.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
nef - fdiskboy

Neffing doesn't bother me, but the proliferation of new topics by the same people is like a cancer of the board. Well, maybe not that bad, but it's still inconsiderate!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
No, Easy E isn't dead. He was part of the buyout of WCW. He's going to be in charge now...

Expect 45 minutes of Nitro to be wasted with more "Bischoff Late Night" skits... *sigh*

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
ugh. For the people who absoluley refuse to give any credit to wrestling, let me draw an analogy here.

Wrestling is like figure skating. In amateur figure skating you are in competitions actually competeting for position. If you fall it counts against you, and you are judged by how well your perform. Just like amateur wrestling.

In professional figure skating, the whole thing is fixed. Professional skating are those Disney specials on tv or those stupid "battle of the sexes" ones. The whole thing is decided beforehand, and skaters routines are all redone to perfection. If they fall down while performing a move they just reshoot it and can the previous attempt. But they still perform the moves themselves. That is the key point here. Sure its all scripted, but they are out there actually doing it. Same thing with wrestling. They are out there putting their bodies on the line and taking that punishment, whether the ending of the match is scripted or not.

Anyone who says that wrestling doesn't hurt or takes no skill obviously hasnt done it. If there was a way to make a 20 foot fall not hurt, or even half the stuff they do, I think the general population would know about it, because it would probably end up saving lives :)

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000
Yes..that satirical "interview" sure got a whole lot better response in a wrestling forum.