WP: Bush to seek $60 billion for Iraq

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Talk about a money pit...

Link

Sept. 4 ? The White House has informed congressional leaders that it is preparing a new budget request for between $60 billion and $70 billion to help cover the mounting costs of the reconstruction and military occupation of Iraq, sources on Capitol Hill said last night.

THE PLANNED request ? which congressional budget analysts said will be nearly double what Congress expected ? reflects the deepening cost of the five-month-old U.S. occupation and serves as an acknowledgement by the administration that it vastly underestimated the cost of restoring order in Iraq and rebuilding the country?s infrastructure.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Wow, that's chump change. Can't Bush just throw that on his Gold Amex? Think of the points! Seriously though, I wonder how many new power grids that could have bought the East Coast? I wonder how many extra teachers we could hire nationwide with that money? It's too bad Congress can't just say "no." Congress really needs to learn to say "no" more often. It would earn them some respect for a change.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
bush is all about people doing what they want with their tax money right? like with school vouchers?

how about republicans shouldering the burden of iraq by themselves. make it an republican exclusive tax to support iraq.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Bush can take $60 billion of his & his oil buddies own money to finance their little jack-off excusion. I'll be damned if he's taking my tax & retirement money for his greedy little delusions of grandeur - I'll be sure my congressmen know we want them to vote against financing Bush's costly little jack-off sessions.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Bush can take $60 billion of his & his oil buddies own money to finance their little jack-off excusion. I'll be damned if he's taking my tax & retirement money for his greedy little delusions of grandeur - I'll be sure my congressmen know we want them to vote against financing Bush's costly little jack-off sessions.

I'm sure they'll listen to YOU
rolleye.gif

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
bush is all about people doing what they want with their tax money right? like with school vouchers?

how about republicans shouldering the burden of iraq by themselves. make it an republican exclusive tax to support iraq.

OK - so I don't want to pay for SS or any other program the Democrats want to make me pay for. Why don't they get their nice little philanthropist buddies to pay for them? I'll gladly pay for the war if you pay for SS :D

rolleye.gif

CkG

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
They should, who is paying their salaries and put them in office.

We all need to write our congressional representatives and voice our opinions on this. And make them vote for us, not vote their partisan politics.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

OK - so I don't want to pay for SS or any other program the Democrats want to make me pay for. Why don't they get their nice little philanthropist buddies to pay for them? I'll gladly pay for the war if you pay for SS :D

rolleye.gif

CkG

Isn't Iowa living off farm subsidies? I don't want to hear budget and tax advise from a bunch of leeches.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: SuperTool

rolleye.gif

CkG

Isn't Iowa living off farm subsidies? I don't want to hear budget and tax advise from a bunch of leeches.

Do you know my stance on that issue? No - you don't;) Now run along...

CkG

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

rolleye.gif

CkG

CkG

We know your stands on these issues. Benefit from government spending while whining about it and not wanting to pay for it.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

rolleye.gif

CkG

CkG

We know your stands on these issues. Benefit from government spending while whining about it and not wanting to pay for it.

Did you just look in a mirror?:p Buahaha.
You don't know my position on that issue and you just showed how truely ignorant you are in regards to what I believe. Now run along...

CkG

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

rolleye.gif

CkG

CkG

You don't know my position on that issue and you just showed how truely ignorant you are in regards to what I believe. Now run along...

CkG

So living in Iowa you don't indirectly benefit from all the subsidies and pork?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

rolleye.gif

CkG

CkG

CkG

Am I paying for them? Yes.
Are you paying for them? Yes.
Are you benefitting from them? Yes.
Am I benefitting from them? Yes.

Next.

CkG

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

rolleye.gif

CkG

CkG

CkG

Next.

CkG

The problem is that Iowa benefits more than it pays, and California benefits less than it pays.
And second problem is that you are the one complaining about paying too much taxes.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

rolleye.gif

CkG

CkG

CkG

Next.

CkG

The problem is that Iowa benefits more than it pays, and California benefits less than it pays.
And second problem is that you are the one complaining about paying too much taxes.

California doesn't benefit from Ag subsidies? News to me. Seems that they took the dairy crown from Wisconsin not too many years back with the help Corporate Ag subsidies.
Again - do you know where I stand on the Gov't subsidizing the Ag industry? Nope - you don't;)
My position is rock solid.;)

Next.
CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Bottom line is the blue states pay in more than they get back.

The red states get more back than they pay in.

It's kinda' like welfare on a state level.

Gee, and I thought welfare as we know it had ended. I guess you Repubs are still on welfare though. ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BOBDN

Gee, and I thought welfare as we know it had ended. I guess you Repubs are still on welfare though. ;)

What? In what twisted sense do the less populated states "get more". I'd really like to see what you are trying to say.
Keep in mind that MOST of your food comes from us here in the Midwest - you'd be screwed without us;)

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN

What? In what twisted sense do the less populated states "get more". I'd really like to see what you are trying to say.
Keep in mind that MOST of your food comes from us here in the Midwest - you'd be screwed without us;)

CkG

Yep. The midwest is the breadbasket. I guess that's why all those ag subsidies go to all those "family" farmers. As long as the family is ConAgra or another one of the other agro biz giants.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Oh and the less populated states get more in federal dollars than they pay in taxes.

The money comes from the more populated states getting less back than they pay in taxes.

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003

rolleye.gif

CkG

I see my tax money being pissed away every night when I watch the news on that mess in Iraq. Every bomb that that is dropped, missiles fired and bullets shot is money out of my pocket with absolutely no gain for me. Every second a soldier is in Iraq, whether he is sunbathing or getting shot at is more of my money going to waste.

If you can pay for the war an not social security I won't have a problem with it as long as you don't try to collect SS cheques when you need it. Priorities... lol. You can enjoy being a bum when you get old since you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you supported an unjust war and the murder of innocent Iraqis, while I'll be getting my cheque. :D

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Lucky
WTH does "WP" mean? You keep posting that...

My guess is world politics...good question.

<hates acromyns when used habitually

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999

rolleye.gif

CkG
Cad, even you have to admit that you're dreaming if you think you're getting out of SS. The minute we stop paying in to it, the whole thing colapses, and I doubt the AARP/Boomers are about to let that happen.:Q

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: ViRGE

rolleye.gif

CkG
Cad, even you have to admit that you're dreaming if you think you're getting out of SS. The minute we stop paying in to it, the whole thing colapses, and I doubt the AARP/Boomers are about to let that happen.:Q

We are absolutely not going to let that happen after we paid SS all our lives. Now it's your turn. Stop complaining and do your job.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: ViRGE

rolleye.gif

CkG

Amish don't have to pay it, but then they get shot before they reach 24.