wow... This is scary ... yes another palin thread

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
http://lifewithoutfaith.com/in...al-Vice-President.html

Kinda got me thinking about how much worse this woman would be over Bush. Just think how much money would be spent on preparing for the rapture.

I find it really scary that we COULD vote someone into office like her. I know she hasn't public stated she is for it, but doing the math that over half of the faithful think that it's going to happen I wouldn't put it past her to not believe in it.

Talk about being left behind. Just read an article about how science is being left behind ... This is some serious stuff. Sadly it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

I really wonder when enough is enough... What next? Maybe our next president will have Jesus tattooed on his/her forehead and a big white cross planted in front of the white house.

I wonder how you would all think of that?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157514

The Large Hadron Collider is a symptom of America's decline in particle physics and, some fear, in science overall.

A quick look at the numbers, however, reveals how far the United States stands to fall in leadership once the LHC goes live. The U.S. contribution amounts to $500 million?barely 5 percent of the bill. The big bucks have come from the Europeans. Germany is picking up 20 percent of the tab, the British are contributing 17 percent, and the French are giving 14 percent. Even the Bulgarians have chipped in less than 1 percent. Despite the U.S. dominance of recent decades in physics, most of the brainpower is European as well. "The contribution of the non-Europeans has been essential, but limited," says Els Koffeman, professor of particle physics at the University of Amsterdam.

"Pathetic!"

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
The article you cited isn't even properly edited grammatically so why should I think it has been edited factually?

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Bitch much? I saw a few errors but..... nothing to get your panties all in a knot over. Look the shit up yourself it's not hard to figure out that all of it was publicly stated facts. We are just assuming she is living in the "end times"... If I had to guess being how whacked out she already is I'm sure the end is near.

Jun 27, 2005
Oh finally... a credible source who has insight into how SP would govern... Oh wait.

Damnit I got suckered again. This is just another bullshit SP thread. As evidenced by that rabid SP supporter, Farang, questioning the article's credibility.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
I don't think that I have ever seen a post by the OP that did not involve some kind of anti-religious statement. YASPT.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Genx87
Dont worry OP. When BHO gets into office all will be fixed in your eyes.

I'm surprised that he hasn't called Obama a religious whacko yet. Ericlp, BHO went to a radical church for 20 years, what say you???

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: Genx87
Dont worry OP. When BHO gets into office all will be fixed in your eyes.

I'm surprised that he hasn't called Obama a religious whacko yet. Ericlp, BHO went to a radical church for 20 years, what say you???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I call that radical Obama church line into question, its one thing to allow various critics a chance to cherry pick a few select points from 20 years of sermons from
Rev. Wright, and its another thing to look at the larger totality of the message in those 20 years of sermons.

In terms of Palin, we all have somewhat of a distorted picture of her record. Personally, I see quite a few good things to say about her, and some disturbing questions have been raised.

So far its mainly the bloggers and the National Inquirer that are raising many of the questions about Palin, in short, somewhat irresponsible outfits with no real standards of proof, but I do predict there will be a second wave of critics, they work far slower, but they will have far better standards of verification.

Until that second wave hits, we should maybe all reserve judgment on Sarah Palin.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Because the OP is a nut case on the subject of religion doesn't mean he isn't right about the dog catcher from nowhere.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
And it seems I was just reading a thread talking about how that bad mccain person was in trying to scare people into voting for him.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
When you're on top, you can either go down or you can reinvent yourself and stay on top.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Because the OP is a nut case on the subject of religion doesn't mean he isn't right about the dog catcher from nowhere.

i dont think being anti-rapture fanaticism makes someone a nut job

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: LumbergTech

Not only do I agree with you, but I think the OP is right in this case. But the OP has shown himself to be quite irrational on the subject of religion many times before as was suggested above by JD50 and also noticed by me.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: LumbergTech

I agree, but if you look at the OPs history he brings up his hatred for religion in just about every thread that he posts in, most of those threads having absolutely nothing to do with religion.

OOhhhh....Moonbeam and I agree on something!! :beer:

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

He was talking about Palin, not Barack Obama...;)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50

He was talking about Palin, not Barack Obama...;)

It was Obama who moved Obama from obscurity to Presidential candidate. It was the senility of a jackass who gave us a dog catcher a potential heart beat from President. The traitor exercised his political ambition over the welfare of the US.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, I don't have a problem with religion... you can spread your mind viruses far and wide. I could care less what you do with your free time.... Just keep the shit out of politics, as for Obama. Well, what are you gonna do? The right has been way more radical with religion then the left. Tho, I'm not excusing Obama. But we do have a two party system. If I voted it would be a third party.

As for a science guy that see's attacks daily on it's credibility, I'll be fighting religion till the BS stops. Say what you want about me, and I know I'll get a lot of flak since obviously 90% of america are religious to some point. I'm just thinking bush has pretty much taken religion and politics to the 'next' level. The next people in line are ready to take it even further from my point of view. It'll be almost funny if we keep electing the way we do to see them prop up a 200' cross in front of the white house and the sad part is, I don't think you guys would care. Oh well, trying to wake up a few before that happens or maybe you all think the rapture will come way before that! hahahaha