wow. Thai massage parlor.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I have an appointment at 7pm for me + the wifey.

40 bucks for an hour! Seems legit. I drive by it all the time, always busy.

Looks nice enough on the inside...
Text

Will update later. Going to go in inebriated. Oh god I'm giddy. 25 bucks for the half hour 40 bucks for the full hour. This might be a weekly thing.

//edit

ahahah, I told my gf. She said "thai massage?? you mean with a happy ending for you??"

//update moved to OP

It was crazy intense. The put you flat on the ground, so the massuese(sp?) - a 100 pound 5'3 thai woman with broken english - can walk on you (using some rope hanging from the posts for balance) and use the wall to apply leverage (with her feet mind you).

Started off fairly normal with the rubbing and shit. No lie, it felt alot better when she did just her hands vs her elbows/feet. But when she used her elbows/feet christ she got deep as fuck. They tell you to inform them if they're going too hard, but I wanted the full experience so I just let her go at it. She would press her back against the wall and then use her feet (wore socks of course) to get at your upper back, and then climb on you to do other assorted parts of your back. You'd never expect so much force from such a small woman, but hey I guess they got their technique down.

That was all standard and what I was expecting, but then they started putting me in what I would describe as forced yoga positions. They would put my body in whatever shape, and then apply pressure so that it would stretch. The forced groin stretch was fucking GODLY. I'm not a limber guy at all, so at times this was uncomfortable, but goddamn that groin stretch = money. Anyway, imagine various yoga positions, + various stretches that you did in high school. Yeah she would put me on those positions and then stretch me the fuck out.

I went in slightly uh inebriated (not alcohol). Mind you, I have a high crazy tolerance. At times, I had no idea what was going on. For a good 10 minutes, I forgot which way I was facing and what day it was. It just felt so goddamn good. I left feeling 150% more faded than when I came in, with a giant smile on my face and my back feeling completely relaxed. I'm slightly red at various parts on my back, but not bruised, and I don't feel sore at all. My GF who has fibro left with no knots that I could feel. I've NEVER been able to rub her knots out. She said the same about my back.

40 bucks for the hour, and I tipped her 15. Me and my gf combined WITH tip was less than an hour w/o tip at some places in LA. Going to go at least monthly, and with 30 minute sessions being only $25, it's affordable enough to go whenever the back's all fuckedup.

Thai massage = :thumbsup:

• Wow
Reactions: brianmanahan

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
What exactly are you expecting?

a 100 pound thai woman to rub the knots out of my upper back, and a woman with a similar build to rub my gf's fibromyalgia raped back.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
christ guys, the gf can give me the happy ending after.

you're missing the point.

40 bucks for an hour! lol

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
christ guys, the gf can give me the happy ending after.

you're missing the point.

40 bucks for an hour! lol

Damn, your wife is cheap.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

a 100 pound thai woman to rub the knots out of my upper back, and a woman with a similar build to rub my gf's fibromyalgia raped back.

So you're bringing your wife and your girlfriend? Niiiiiceeeeeeeeee!

ScottFern

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
$40 for an hour massage? Prepare for the worst massage of your life. Doubt any of them are certified from any Massage School program or association.

"Thai massage" consists of some weak Asian woman attempting to get out your knots with her weak hands isn't going do much.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: trmiv

So you're bringing your wife and your girlfriend? Niiiiiceeeeeeeeee!

haah, I just call her the wifey.

Originally posted by: ScottFern
$40 for an hour massage? Prepare for the worst massage of your life. Doubt any of them are certified from any Massage School program or association.

"Thai massage" consists of some weak Asian woman attempting to get out your knots with her weak hands isn't going do much.

I did my due diligence. Rated pretty well on Yelp.

(sorry, yelp link removed)

Most people complained that it was too hard. My gf can take obscene amounts of pressure, so I'm not worried about her. I think they're gonna break me though.

Review
An 85 lb. Thai woman kicked my ass today....and I liked it. A friend that I would trust with my life suggested this place to me, so like any red-blooded American girl would do I hinted (and by hinted, I mean told) my man that an 11 am massage w/eyebrow waxing was the perfect V-day present. Well, Pho Siam gets 4 stars because of one reason and one reason alone. Mama can't get used to the sheer curtains that act as room dividers. The guy next to me fell asleep and started snoring during my 90 minutes of heaven. An otherwise 5 star experience was taken down a notch because of this. The facilities are clean, and very warm and welcoming. The prices can NOT be beat. I mean $60 for a 90 minutes massage?!! Are you kidding me? Enough said.

puffff

Platinum Member
Jun 25, 2004

Real thai massages really get into your muscles.

You can get a real (legit) thai massage in thailand for $5-10. Considering the number of masseuses Wat Po (the school that trains them) churns out every year, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them over here willing to work for $40/hr.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

Thai massage is defiantly the wrong massage for Fibro.

I hope you you know what Thai massage is because if you don't you will be in for a surprise.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

umm i charge $40 an hour. price doesn't mean a thing when it comes to massage.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Citrix

I hope you you know what Thai massage is because if you don't you will be in for a surprise.

what is thai massage exactly?

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

pain

I had one experience with it from a instructor at the massage school i went to, not for me.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Traditional Thai massage which can be traced back 2500 years from Thailand, is a unique form of Eastern massage that is interactive between the client and the practitioner. It combines the best of Yoga and acupressure. The Thai massage involves physically manipulating, stretching, stimulating or correcting the client's body through the energy lines called Sen. Thai massage which is done on a mat with the client remains fully clothed, produces both external and internal balancing effects in the body. Through the use of a wide variety of stretching movements, Thai massage opens the joints and balances all the major muscle groups of the body. The patterns of gentle rocking and rhythmic compressions ease the clients into deeply relaxed state while helping them become more flexible than they thought possible.

Whatever. They do it hard and they do it cheap haha, and I got wicked knots in my upper back right now. I'll report back to you guys later. Most americanized places around here charge 80-120/hr. F that.

ScottFern

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002

pain

I had one experience with it from a instructor at the massage school i went to, not for me.

That sounds like fun.

You charge $40 an hour? I have talked with several masseuses and been to multiple massage establishments and most are $60-$70 an hour in the Chicago burbs, and secondly when I found a place that offered $40 for an hour it was the worst massage of my life.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Citrix, do you make/insist that your clients be nude for the massage?

absolutely not.

the only thing i do require is for women to take off their bra. undies can stay on if they are not comfortable getting completely naked. Most new people keep theirs on, after a few sessions they realize they will be draped securely so nothing is showing, well except for the butt when i do the glutes.

funny you asked this. i was thinking last night and most of my clients are 65+ and i cant get out of the room fast enough before the old women start peeling off their clothes. but younger women say 30 and below are the ones who i have to ask to take off their bra and leave their undies on. kinda funny.