Wow! - Star Trek Voyager Demo is pretty swank!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
RSI, try Tribes. I was never a big Quake fan, just multiplayer mayhem, shoot and move. Doom was ok.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< This game is waaay too similar to the quake series for my taste. It is more like a Q3 mod than a real game. There is no story line, very Quakish, and the game is entirely DM. This wouldn't be such a bad thing if they did something original, which I don't see.

Overall like a Q3 Mod in a UT level...
>>

Hell no it's not!! This nothing like quake. It actually has some substance to it AND a storyline.

You must not know anything about Star Trek ;)

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
NFS4, are we talking about the same game? In my single player game you play against bots and basically run around shooting them. I see very little difference between this action and Q3. Maybe we have different games. The one i have pits you in DM like arenas against first Borgs and then Klingons. I did not see a story... (shoulders shrug)

:( hmmm

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
aah yes. I opened the &quot;wrong&quot; .exe file :) I was in the DM part. DM is like Q3. lol hope the rest is good...

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
May the Wrath of God strike you down and all others who laugh at my membership status!

revenge shall be mine

:(:(:(:(:|:(:(:(:(
:(:(:|:|:|:|:|:|:(
:(:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:(.....:|
:(:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:(.....:|
:(:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Oreo

Oct 11, 1999
Has anybody figured out how to play demos yet? The usual demo <demoname> doesn´t work. Maybe it´s disabled in the demo.

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
uncouth: this really game sucks. what the? egad!

borg: <<RESISTANCE IS FUTILE, YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED>>

2 min later...

uncouth: this game rules! everyone should play! really excellent! enjoy, enjoy.... like Half Life but better!