Wow. So I just got to work and I found out what happened to myspace.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: mchammer
Lol, what kind of POS datacenter are you guys running down there?

If it runs on electricity, it has the potential for an outage.
Period.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
Well. My internal memory card has died on me. However, I get off of work in 1 1/2 hours so yay. I have already created an account on the pics.bbzzdd.com and will upload and post links once finished. I don't think I can get trouble for just posting pictures of the datacenter.
It just looks like a bunch of servers racked up and those that are not in use are stacked up on top of each other.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Chrono
Well. My internal memory card has died on me. However, I get off of work in 1 1/2 hours so yay. I have already created an account on the pics.bbzzdd.com and will upload and post links once finished. I don't think I can get trouble for just posting pictures of the datacenter.
It just looks like a bunch of servers racked up and those that are not in use are stacked up on top of each other.

Interesting, I'd wind up in federal prison if I took pictures of the datacenter where I work.

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Platypus
Originally posted by: Chrono

Interesting, I'd wind up in federal prison if I took pictures of the datacenter where I work.

federal pound me in the ass prison?

archcommus

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
So we're going to see servers...big deal. You think it's gonna have a giant "THESE ARE THE MYSPACE SERVERS" poster on it?

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
is there a reason they can't rent a bigass generator?

if a diesel generator can run my towns water treatment plant i'm sure you can find one that can handle your problem.