Wow! She said that?

Ballatician

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2007
Wow, at least she was corrected.

The problem is the people that believe he IS an Arab don't get their information from the horse's mouth but instead middlemen 'journalists' with an extreme-right agenda.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I saw that and then when the person on CNN (?) asked her what she meant after, she said he was a Muslim.

Basically these people are trying to find a euphemism for n***** and just know better than to say it on TV. It's sad to me that in America people are so blinded by that hate that they imply cannot see past it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

LOL

I seriously think there are a lot of people on the right that believe this to be true. But now that their fearless leader McCain says he isn't, what now?

Then, like alot of others who are told that Obama is not a muslim it will go in one ear and out the other as if the correction was a fart from a dog down the other end of the street.

I Saw OJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Why do people still freaking think he is an Arab or a Muslim. I mean come on.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: I Saw OJ

Why does it matter if he is one? The racists are just using it as an excuse.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Now THATS's the McCain I used to respect. Hats off to him for stepping in and correcting her.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
ummm could be his name??

Barack is an Arab name.
Hussein is also Arabic.

Doesn't excuse their ignorance, but it explains it.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I'm much more concerned with the fact that being an Arab or being a Muslim is something to be freaked about

the unknown

Dec 22, 2007
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
ummm could be his name??

Barack is an Arab name.
Hussein is also Arabic.

Doesn't excuse their ignorance, but it explains it.

I think that if they don't realize he's not an Arab or a Muslim, they're not going to be able to deduce that. They simply heard that he was, and are complete tools that are willing to listen to anything from their base. He's the Democratic nominee for president, been running for two years, is likely to the the next one, and she still thinks he's "arab" and Muslim? I don't think so.

It seems racism in America is still around, contrary to my young (and probably naive) point of view. It's most likely this.

Originally posted by: Skoorb
I saw that and then when the person on CNN (?) asked her what she meant after, she said he was a Muslim.

Basically these people are trying to find a euphemism for n***** and just know better than to say it on TV. It's sad to me that in America people are so blinded by that hate that they imply cannot see past it.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Deliximus
i hope these ppl die off in the next few years......bejesus, the ignorance is painful

they're going to jump on any real or perceived fault that Obama shows and claim it as an "I told you so."

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
ProfJohn

The meaning of the name Hussein is Handsome One

The origin of the name Hussein is Arabic

The meaning of the name Barack is Blessed

The origin of the name Barack is African

Notes: Form of the Hebrew name Baruch.

(source: http://www.babynames.com)

ultra laser

Banned
Jul 2, 2007
Originally posted by: magomago
I'm much more concerned with the fact that being an Arab or being a Muslim is something to be freaked about

Then you must not know much about Islam.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ultra laser

Then you must not know much about Islam.

I suspect he knows much more than you.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001

:thumbsup:

CptObvious

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2004
Reminds me of this Daily Show clip about the Democratic primary in West Virginia.
Voter:
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I've had enough of Hussein."

Even in the age of freely accessible information, it's incredible how little effort people take to educate themselves.