Wow. People actually scan and post their driver's license on the web.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
The latest issue of Wired has a quickie article about how easy it is to commit identity theft if you were so inclined. They mentioned that people actually scan and post their driver's licenses on the web. I thought, "Surely no one is really that stupid.....are they?"

They are that stupid.

I'm not kidding.

Really, I mean it.

Took me all of 20 seconds via GIS to find these. Imagine what I could find if I really dug around.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: xmellyx
Originally posted by: Fausto
BAD LIGHTING
Oh come on, this is just what I found in a quick search for examples for the sake of the thread. I'm quite sure, with more effort and time I could find some stellar high-res examples.

Goddamn you people are nitpicky sometimes.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
BAD LIGHTING
Oh come on, this is just what I found in a quick search for examples for the sake of the thread. I'm quite sure, with more effort and time I could find some stellar high-res examples.

lol, no hahaha i was referring to the episode of seinfeld where he goes on a date with a girl and sometimes she looks ugly and sometimes she looks pretty, depending on the lighting!

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
BAD LIGHTING

lol, no hahaha i was referring to the episode of seinfeld where he goes on a date with a girl and sometimes she looks ugly and sometimes she looks pretty, depending on the lighting!
Oh...sorry. I don't watch Seinfeld. Forget I said anything. :p

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: dmurray14
what's gis?
Google Image Search.

no, it's Geographic Information Systems. People on this site really need to stop making up acronyms, especially ones that are already taken. I'm waiting for a thread title that says "Having a SCSI problem" in the title, and the thread is actually about "Seven Copies of Sports Illustrated" or something.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: notfred
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: dmurray14
what's gis?
Google Image Search.

no, it's Geographic Information Systems. People on this site really need to stop making up acronyms, especially ones that are already taken. I'm waiting for a thread title that says "Having a SCSI problem" in the title, and the thread is actually about "Seven Copies of Sports Illustrated" or something.
LMAO....that is vintage notfred. I think you missed your true calling as an American Idol judge. I'd pay money to see you rip into a bunch of clueless wannabe's. :D

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
This reminds me of this article I read in Reader's Digest. This guy was making fun of all the paranoid people and went on to give out his social security number, his banks he has accounts with, I think his address, etc.
Interesting article.