Wow... look at this women's college bball player whos academic standing is none of my business

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
I'm anti-student athlete scholarships, vehemently. You'll get no support from me, OP.

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: chambersc
I'm anti-student athlete scholarships, vehemently. You'll get no support from me, OP.

I'm pro sarcasm meter scholarships.
I can email you a .pdf with the application materials :)

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Brackis

sarcasm?

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Turin39789

sarcasm?

Yeah what sarcasm?

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: EGGO

sarcasm?

Yeah what sarcasm?

chambersc was criticizing college athletic scholarships as if I were in support of them, when I was not genuinely taking such a stance.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000

sarcasm?

Yeah what sarcasm?

chambersc was criticizing college athletic scholarships as if I were in support of them, when I was not genuinely taking such a stance.

Ok well I'm anti giving grades/retakes/special consideration based on athletic ability. I love college sports but its a university first.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005

sarcasm?

Yeah what sarcasm?

Ok well I'm anti giving grades/retakes/special consideration based on athletic ability. I love college sports but its a university first.

So you're anti-athletic scholarships like myself?

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: invidia
This had nothing to do with athletic scholarships until someone brought it up

There was an original thread, which is now deleted, that I was referencing with my title.

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004

So you're anti-athletic scholarships like myself?

I'm more of an anti-athletic admissions process person myself. If someone is academically on par with the student body, and are contributing to their school through athletics, I see this as another form of work study that merits the person receiving free tuition.

txrandom

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2004
I'm all for athletic scholarships at my school for the big sports. It brings in a whole lot of money for my university.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Originally posted by: txrandom
I'm all for athletic scholarships at my school for the big sports. It brings in a whole lot of money for my university.

trudat. Just one BCS bowl brings in millions of dollars.

SpanishFry

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2001
Originally posted by: txrandom

wow. someone took the time to think of ROI??? crazy

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I have no problem with athletic scholarships. they bring in a LOT of money to most schools. without that money you would not get the education non-sports people would get.

Dec 10, 2005

There was an original thread, which is now deleted, that I was referencing with my title.

The original thread was deleted (IIRC) to protect the person making the complaint since he didn't have tenure and realized it was a mistake to be posting about it on the internet. Reopening this topic with the University's name along with the sport and the fact that a teacher was going to fail one of the athlete's kind of negates the protection afforded by the deletion of the previous thread.

Brackis

Banned
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: Brainonska511

The original thread was deleted (IIRC) to protect the person making the complaint since he didn't have tenure and realized it was a mistake to be posting about it on the internet. Reopening this topic with the University's name along with the sport and the fact that a teacher was going to fail one of the athlete's kind of negates the protection afforded by the deletion of the previous thread.

perhaps... I've edited it to meet your requests, but only because you stated it eloquently.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: Brainonska511

perhaps... I've edited it to meet your requests, but only because you stated it eloquently.

So is the profesor that failed the girl in the video a regular poster on these boards?