Wow, John Kerry is extremely weak. Waiting for the trifecta

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Tell me about it. Peace has been breaking out all over the world since Obama was elected. And our economy wouldn't be the shining example to the world that it is now if the Repubs had the white house.

Gawd that's delusional. Repubs had the White House for 8 years, Congress for 4 in the middle of that, creating the worst economic meltdown since the Great Depression. Not to mention deficit busting tax cuts & rather expensive wars on false pretenses at the same time.

Like a lot of other raving wing nuts, you're out of your fucking mind.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
With regards to the mideast peace initiative, he could've banged heads together. Threatened Israel and Palestinians for acting like children.

I can't tell if this is a serious statement. Mostly because it's laughably naive and presupposes something like what you posit (whatever the hell it is you're saying) hasn't already happened. For god sakes, they've been fighting for 70 years and you expect Kerry to have an impact in a matter of months?

With Russia, we could've move military assets to Turkey and other allied nations. We could also have military advisors in Kiev and near the border. These are not difficult things to do and they will show our determination.

Yes indeed, showed our determination to, uh, do what exactly? Play a bad version of Battleship?

The Iranian implosion has not happened *YET* but, given his track record, I think he'll make good on it.

I'm sure you do.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
How about being as proactive on the foreign policy front as they are on the domestic policy? As has been mentioned in this thread, the modus operandi of the Executive and the State Dept seems to be entirely reactionary. They respond (and ever so slowly) only when a situation has almost reached that point of no return.

Meanwhile at home, the Dems constantly have the Repubs back on their heels with constant forward momentum on a broad range of topics. Granted, they're topics that aren't pressing and that seemingly no one cares about (gender pay gap, immigration, income inequality), but the fact that they just keep coming forces the Repubs to come up with some response.

The Republican party is the party of stupid. Democrats aren't putting them on their heels, they're taking retarded positions and Democrats only need to point out the obvious flaws counter them.
If Russia said, "Kansas is ours," you'd find that Kerry would have much more backing him to say, "No, it ain't."

HOSED

Dec 30, 2013
With regards to the mideast peace initiative, he could've banged heads together. Threatened Israel and Palestinians for acting like children.

Great opening statement very good follow up, The answer is so simple, threaten Israel with stopping the annual billions of OUR money
http://stopusaidtoisrael.com/
Gotta go now Jerry Springer is on then Maury :whiste:

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Guys - international politics are not the result of people who are "weak" or "strong". The people involved with international politics are far too pragmatic for that kind of emotion-based reasoning.

The Ukraine/Crimea situation will play out from the results of cold, hard calculus: Russia knows the West can at most use sanctions to dissuade them. They are in the driver's seat, and will simply decide whether sanctions are worth what they get for annexing Ukraine.

The Middle East situation will play out from the results of cold, hard calculus: Israel and even the Palestinians arguably have more to gain with the status quo than "peace". The West cannot force them to decide otherwise. So nothing changes.

The Iranian situation will play out from the results of cold, hard calculus: Iran knows the West will not invade, so they will simply decide if guaranteeing their borders to be inviolable (which is what possessing nukes would mean) is worth the short-term pain and possible unrest due to sanctions.

Nowhere does "oh that Kerry is a pushover" factor in. This isn't a television soap opera.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Great opening statement very good follow up, The answer is so simple, threaten Israel with stopping the annual billions of OUR money
http://stopusaidtoisrael.com/
Gotta go now Jerry Springer is on then Maury :whiste:

Are those shoe laces hanging out of your mouth or are you just happy to be here?

I think you're confusing "risk" with "embarrassment," because your post does nothing but attempt to ignore how you already showed yourself to be ignorant of political history.

What do you expect to speak of and be taken seriously when you consider John McCain a "chickenhawk"? I'm still amazed at the stupidity of that comment, seriously.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I can't tell if this is a serious statement. Mostly because it's laughably naive and presupposes something like what you posit (whatever the hell it is you're saying) hasn't already happened. For god sakes, they've been fighting for 70 years and you expect Kerry to have an impact in a matter of months?

Yes indeed, showed our determination to, uh, do what exactly? Play a bad version of Battleship?

I'm sure you do.

What is so naive about what I wrote? Lean hard on Israel and the PA. Not difficult to do. The only problem with that is the blowback from the Jewish community and Congress. But if Kerry was serious and his boss had the balls, they would push those two hard and probably gotten them to take this initiative a bit more seriously.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
What is so naive about what I wrote? Lean hard on Israel and the PA. Not difficult to do.

Reread what I wrote. How do you know it hasn't already happened and, assuming it didn't, what does "leaning hard" on Israel & PA even mean? What you said makes no sense; they've been fighting for 70 years, it's not something that's going to be solved by a new SOS in a few months.

The only problem with that is the blowback from the Jewish community and Congress. But if Kerry was serious and his boss had the balls, they would push those two hard and probably gotten them to take this initiative a bit more seriously.

Specifics please.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Reread what I wrote. How do you know it hasn't already happened and, assuming it didn't, what does "leaning hard" on Israel & PA even mean? What you said makes no sense; they've been fighting for 70 years, it's not something that's going to be solved by a new SOS in a few months.

Specifics please.

Threaten Israel with targeted economic sanctions not unlike Europe. Threaten Israel with military sanctions. As for the PA, lower their status vis-a-vis the US Government. Withhold funds. Threaten them with economic sanctions if they don't play ball.

As for your 2nd request, what do you want me to be specific about?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Threaten Israel with targeted economic sanctions not unlike Europe. Threaten Israel with military sanctions. As for the PA, lower their status vis-a-vis the US Government. Withhold funds. Threaten them with economic sanctions if they don't play ball.

As for your 2nd request, what do you want me to be specific about?
I just love reading Dari threads! They are so enlightened and composed with much thought and intellect and serious Bi-Polar disorder......

Somebody said that Dari was anarchists brother.....

HOSED

Dec 30, 2013
Come in guys .... enlightened People here are daring to criticize Israel and no one is calling us anti-Semitic

I can not believe this !
~~~kage69 Apparently I am not alone http://www.politicalgarbagechute.com/mcchick/
Please explain the shoe lace shot... I am a forum newbie and do not have access to the urban dictionary :biggrin:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
At least the Kerry & Chicken Hawk mcKain are providing some comic relief with their recent feud. I believe mcKain was hit upside the head a few too many time when he was held captive,
How about Ron Paul to replace Kerry !

I don't think you understand what chickenhawk means, nor do I think you know shit about McCain.

Seems like you'll fit in here just fine; completely ignorant of the issue at hand, yet still has an opinion based entirely in fantasy.