Wow, it's really windy here!

There are some really strong winds in Ann Arbor. I've got my windows open, and a 50 mph (I'd assume) gust just game through. Now I can hear a piece of siding flapping from somewhere else in the complex. From weather.com:

Wind: From the South Southwest at 24 gusting to 43 mph

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Did you know Chicago is NOT known as the "windy City" because of the wind.

It was a name given to by a newspaper reporter( I think it was a guy at the Tribune) because of the long winded attempts Chicagian politicians made at bringing the city more respect. Newyorker's Sometimes said of Chicagoians that they preferred a roasted pig over a concert, and the politicians wanted to change that opinion. Thus the managerie of large and, for their time, some of the talest buildings in the world.....oh, and the world's fair;)

That is all.

PanzerIV

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2002
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

It was a name given to by a newspaper reporter( I think it was a guy at the Tribune) because of the long winded attempts Chicagian politicians made at bringing the city more respect. Newyorker's Sometimes said of Chicagoians that they preferred a roasted pig over a concert, and the politicians wanted to change that opinion. Thus the managerie of large and, for their time, some of the talest buildings in the world.....oh, and the world's fair;)

That is all.

Interesting!

rocadelpunk

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
yah walking around the shoe today I almost got knocked over the wind was so strong : ).

you know how speed skaters seem to cross their legs, I was walking like that.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: PanzerIV

That is all.

Interesting!

:beer:

MisfitsFiend

Platinum Member
Jun 19, 2001
Windy City becasue of the wind or not, but Chicago is certainly windy today! My neighbor's huge garbage cans were thrown up in the air and tossed around thier yard...

JetsFanatic

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2001
www.wharffrat.com
Originally posted by: PanzerIV

That is all.

Interesting!

WOW!

cjchaps

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2000
I down in downtown Chicago, and here is what weather.com says: WIND - From the West Southwest at 41 gusting to 54 mph

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Champaign, IL:

Wind: From the Southwest at 37 gusting to 49 mph

Narse

Moderator<br>Computer Help
Mar 14, 2000
It's a pretty nice day in Orlando

79°F

UV Index: 5 Moderate
Dew Point: 61°F