WoW is freezing on me!!!

pseudonymm

Feb 16, 2008
Ok. So the first thing everyone is going to bombard me with is reinstalling WoW. Already tried that. Search for viruses? Done, and none (from multiple scanners). Check the integrity of the hard drives? Done, but there, when I do an "sfc /scannow" (or "verifyonly") it get 99% done, but can't fix corrupted files. So I tried reinstalling the OS (Windows Vista x64 Home Premium, btw). Plz, those superior to me, help....

Oh yeah, and it mostly freezes on WoW, right after the loading bar for whatever character I'm trying to get on is full...

johnbr

Nov 26, 2007
You've tried reinstalling the OS and it still happens?

Do you get an error log? It usually generates when wow crashes which gives vital information.

Oh and not sure if you've already tried this but run repair.exe in the WoW directory.

pseudonymm

Feb 16, 2008
I have run repair.exe. And There haven't been any error logs. As far as I can tell, It just freezes... throwing the audio into a loop and everything....

styrafoam

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Try creating a new character on a server you haven't played on before and see if it loads.

pseudonymm

Feb 16, 2008
Tnx a lot guys (and ladys). I can play on my characters on other servers, so I think I'm just going to transfer my char....

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: pseudonymm
Tnx a lot guys (and ladys). I can play on my characters on other servers, so I think I'm just going to transfer my char....

Did you try deleting the server folder in your WTF\Account\"account name"

ie: World of Warcraft \ WTF \ Account \ Myaccountname \ Nazjatar [delete the Nazjatar folder]

Abel007

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yea, dump your WTF info like coloumb suggested. Since you can log onto other servers then it points directly to these files being the issue.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I had this problem a couple of times, running the repair was the only thing that fixed it for me (unable to log onto a main character, but all others are just fine).

pseudonymm

Feb 16, 2008
I have run the repair... many times... I'll try deleting the folder, but I also think I've done that...