WoW - Is anyone happy with the class they play?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
See title.

I rolled a paladin and he's about 40 now...but going onto the paladin forums makes me feel like I wasted all of my time.

:'(

Cabages

Platinum Member
Jan 1, 2006
I play some. Im a rogue, im not too happy with my character. This is the third time ive tried to play this game though, its just not that great.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
I rolled a lock and hes up to 64, and I would have to second that notion.

Which is why I am working on several other classes atm just to compare first hand. Working on a rouge, 2 hunters, warrior, druid and a mage.

All HORDE! :D

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I liked playing a paladin. It was easy as hell to level. NOTHING can kill you (well, so long as you don't fight red mobs - but pink is fine, and yellow elites). Roll Protection and take 5/5 Reckoning, you'll thank me later. I also rolled a druid to 50 and a warlock to 70.

The thing you have to remember is that people mostly go to the forum in order to complain. As such, you don't hear about the people who like their paladins quite as often.

Everyone knows that warlocks are overpowered (except the warlocks), so everyone has at least that excuse.

I sold my account 2 months ago. I realized that I didn't want to screw around for 1+ year while Blizzard waits to release the next expansion, where the level cap will be 80 (and therefore all of the work done at lvl 70 will be effectively nullified - that Tier 5 set is going to be worthless at lvl 80). I made a $50 profit (taking out the cost of the game and the monthly cost I had paid), so all in all it was a positive experience for me. I just got bored.

JohnAn2112

Diamond Member
May 8, 2003
I rolled a rogue at first and had a blast until I hit 70 and got sick of being a melee class. I've sinced rolled a mage and hit 70 and have been loving that class since.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
No. Everyone complains always. I do wish I rolled a Mage when I played though. Awesome raid utility and DPS and great at group and solo pvp.

Glayde

Sep 30, 2004
I wouldn't take class forums as a good overview of reality.

WoW forums in general draw more complainers than people with general informative chat etc.

Noema

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
I loved my Paladin back in the day. People in the Paladin forums were a bunch of crybabies who wanted to play holy knights in shining armor with uber-DPS. Don't listen to them and have fun with your class.

Dman877

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2004
Welcome to mmo's. With a number of unique classes and unique abilities, it doesn't matter who the dev is, people will complain about anything and everything. It's a case of the grass is always greener. It's also why I quit playing mmo's after DAoC.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Noema
I loved my Paladin back in the day. People in the Paladin forums were a bunch of crybabies who wanted to play holy knights in shining armor with uber-DPS. Don't listen to them and have fun with your class.

I played them during the Seal of the Crusader bug, those were the days...

warmodder

Nov 1, 2007
I'm leveling a priest. I like him, but leveling is just such a chore it isn't worth it. I want to play a game not have work to do.

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
Don't look at the official WoW forums. Every class forum has their crying and whining. There's whining and crying in the other sections too.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Unless it's a class you really REALLY enjoy playing, you're going to have to level a few alts to 70.

I have 3 level 70's to keep the game interesting:

Rogue for general utility [pvp, herb farming, potion making, dailies] - he's the toon with the high speed flyer.
Priest for healbotting in raids, 5 mans, etc.
Paladin - I really don't know why I leveled a Pally. I tried prot - was too boring, I tried healing - wasn't as fun as my priest... so I'm Ret. Ret's fun in pvp - my favorite thing to do is to cast repentance on someone who's trying to ride by a GY or just trying to get away - it's a nice little remote stun.

Alas - I've caved in and started leveling a Draenei Shammy and a Femlock just to see what all the OP complaints are about. :)

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Eeezee
I liked playing a paladin. It was easy as hell to level. NOTHING can kill you (well, so long as you don't fight red mobs - but pink is fine, and yellow elites). Roll Protection and take 5/5 Reckoning, you'll thank me later. I also rolled a druid to 50 and a warlock to 70.

The thing you have to remember is that people mostly go to the forum in order to complain. As such, you don't hear about the people who like their paladins quite as often.

Everyone knows that warlocks are overpowered (except the warlocks), so everyone has at least that excuse.

I sold my account 2 months ago. I realized that I didn't want to screw around for 1+ year while Blizzard waits to release the next expansion, where the level cap will be 80 (and therefore all of the work done at lvl 70 will be effectively nullified - that Tier 5 set is going to be worthless at lvl 80). I made a $50 profit (taking out the cost of the game and the monthly cost I had paid), so all in all it was a positive experience for me. I just got bored.

That's kind of where I was when they announced TBC. I had a very well-geared level 60 lock that was basically going to become rubbish after the expansion, so I cashed him out.

Just started playing again though, this time I'm going to just try to enjoy the game rather than look at it as a job. In other words, no raiding 6 nights a week. ;)

Oakenfold

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Basing your satisfaction with your class choice off the WoW forums is probably not the best way to measure your satisfaction.

Especially a forum that resembles Barrens chat.

;)

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
Like most have said DO NOT base anything off the forums. Also of note the EU forums actually tend to be a little more mature / informative. I said "a little" . . .

I have a 70 druid and I couldn't be happier really. I wish I had other 70's of course but I dont wish to spend that much time getting there. If I could buy someone at level 50ish it might be worth it but not from level 1.

Palys getting some dps buffs coming up as well so look out for those.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Balt
Originally posted by: Eeezee

That's kind of where I was when they announced TBC. I had a very well-geared level 60 lock that was basically going to become rubbish after the expansion, so I cashed him out.

Just started playing again though, this time I'm going to just try to enjoy the game rather than look at it as a job. In other words, no raiding 6 nights a week. ;)

Wow...just...wow :

Anyhow, interesting insights in this thread :)

Wuzup101

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2002
Eh, all classes have their downsides and their perks. I had some ridiculous amount of time /played on my rogue before I stopped playing and sold him around the beginning of my fall semester (like 150 days). I never was really into alts, because leveling was a chore, but I did have a priest in the 30s and my original hunter at 60.

The rogue was tons of fun to play solo (which is great), but had more problems fitting into groups. I had a great guild, raided 4+ nights a week, did all the T5 content, had great gear and was generally a great addition as far as damage was concerned. However, utility was lacking, and DPS would take a nice drop if you didn't have a synergistic group to give you buffs. Rogues respond VERY well to buffs; however, they don't have any of their own. My guild ended up merging, and started taking way more casters than melee DPS (very heavy on locks and shadow priests). As a class leader, it was painful to always have to tell other rogues that there was no room in the raid, that we didn't need them, etc... It was just as bad when you were in the raid, as no one cared about you (got shafted with groups and such). I just ended up quitting, as it was getting too repetitive anyway.

DefDC

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2003
I love my priest after going Shadow. Although, I'm just a casual player mostly playing in the BGs. Shadow Priests are so versatile, you're decent at just about any role, other than tanking. I've got alts up to 40 in just about all classes. Paladin was, by far, the most boring. Followed by Warrior. Priest, Hunter, Lock, and Rogue have been the most fun to me, in that order.

And if you haven't, start an engineer. (Only on a class that you dont need to make money with) I already had a decent money machine running with some alts, so I started a Priest/Engineer. So much fun in the battlegrounds.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
WoW forums makes AT forums look good. It's pathetic what goes on in kiddie forums. Half the people I want to respond to just to put them in their place.