wow, i have acheieved the ultimate in laziness and income

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
for an 18 year old....

i get paid 15 an hour to sit and every 20 minutes or so type 15 characters into a prompt and either flip or replace a magneto-optical disk.

simply amazing.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
I could get paid $50 for about 5 minutes of work, but I don't feel like filling a cup.

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
I could get paid $50 for about 5 minutes of work, but I don't feel like filling a cup.

you cant do that all day... but you could do it every day i suppose.....

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Well I am pretty close. I get paid $10 an hour to sit in a computer lab all night long.

BTW I am at work NOW :)

Walleye

Banned
Dec 1, 2002
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
what kind of a job is this now?

used to be data entry.

currently it's surfacing platters.

magneto-optical disks... the 5.2 gig variety.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
I get paid minimum wage for a progframming job. right now I'm interfacing with laser instruments thru the rs 232 port.

Mar 15, 2003
I used to get paid $38/hour to watch people type (when I was 19).... Of course, I had to break up a fight once.. Sigh, I miss that job!

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Walleye
Originally posted by: minendo

you cant do that all day... but you could do it every day i suppose.....

I could make about $1000/day doing that...

I am the leading cause of death among kittens :D

MegaloManiaK

Golden Member
May 27, 2003
for an 18 year old....

i get paid 15 an hour to sit and every 20 minutes or so type 15 characters into a prompt and either flip or replace a magneto-optical disk.

simply amazing.

You sir win the vote for "most likely job to be replaced by very short lines of code."

:) Wish i had that job.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
pfft, I get paid about $35/hour plus bonus to sit and cruise ATOT all day long. Sure, every once in a while I have to submit a progress report to my boss, but I have staff that actually do all the work. :evil::p

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Well, while I work really hard in the summer, the rest of the year I get $44/hour for surfing ATOT and listening to my music. Sometimes I don't even leave the house, as I can "work from home" during the winter. Not much use for an AC Design Engineer in the winter.

Beattie

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
Why does it seem to me that the people with the dumber more useless jobs get paid more than the ones that do a lot of work.

Right now I am all sorts of complicated things and I get paid poorly, I can barely live on it. I have friends doing much easier jobs and getting more money for them. lucky jerks.

Beattie

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2001
Originally posted by: MegaloManiaK
for an 18 year old....

simply amazing.

You sir win the vote for "most likely job to be replaced by very short lines of code."

:) Wish i had that job.

yea really... you could do half that job with 2 lines of perl

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Beattie
Why does it seem to me that the people with the dumber more useless jobs get paid more than the ones that do a lot of work.

Right now I am all sorts of complicated things and I get paid poorly, I can barely live on it. I have friends doing much easier jobs and getting more money for them. lucky jerks.

Because God hates you, and he wants to make sure you know it.

Vcize

May 30, 2003
Originally posted by: thedarkwolf
Well I am pretty close. I get paid $10 an hour to sit in a computer lab all night long.

BTW I am at work NOW :)

Bah, I only get $7 an hour to do the same thing.

dquan97

Lifer
Jul 9, 2002
Originally posted by: CPA
pfft, I get paid about $35/hour plus bonus to sit and cruise ATOT all day long. Sure, every once in a while I have to submit a progress report to my boss, but I have staff that actually do all the work. :evil::p

Wish the same goes for the other side of the business for gov't employees

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: dquan97
Originally posted by: CPA

Wish the same goes for the other side of the business for gov't employees

You would be smart to get out of a government job, unless it's a high level management position.