WoW Factions

AntiFreze

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2007
I'm just curious, I've always played on alliance, but it seems like horde has the more mature players.

BadRobot

May 25, 2007
Alliance are annoying. Cause... yea...they are. so die and when you play a eots just sit there and don't touch my flag.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
If there is one thing I have noticed it is that Horde tends to attract more PvP oriented players than Alliance. Alliance has lots of PvP too but they attract many more PvE players.

pravi333

May 25, 2005
Originally posted by: Xavier434
If there is one thing I have noticed it is that Horde tends to attract more PvP oriented players than Alliance. Alliance has lots of PvP too but they attract many more PvE players.

i think so too. Top raiding guilds on my server are alliance.

One more reason may be, take my server for instance, alliance out number horde by 1:3. So alliance will have more opportunity in forming those 25 man raid groups more easily than the horde.

This leaves the horde to pvp, as a more viable option than pve.

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
On my server Horde were MUCH more mature than Alliance (I played both). I believe it's the Night Elf teenage boy factor (it's harder to fap to tauren and orc women). I'm sure that changed a little with blood elves, but by then most of the stupid players were already entrenched as night elves.

FOR THE HORDE

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Horde from day 1. I'm an explorer at heart according to the Bartlett test, and so I did have to make some alliance characters, just to see their cities and do their quests. They're all deleted now though, doing battlegrounds as alliance is frustrating as hell.

StepUp

May 12, 2004
I made Alliance characters, but I found the game incredibly boring from the Alliance side. Horde 4 Life (or whenever I have the urge to keep my account paid for)

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i currently play horde but used to play aliance, i played aliance from beta till march of '07 ive played Horde sence then, and i can honestly say this

EVERY single arguement about 1 side being more mature is FALSE
EVERY arguement about ali/horde doing X when the opp fraction does not do X is false, IE horde actually heals in PVP, no no we dont

horde is filled with just as many idiots and 12 year olds as the aliance, just as many RP noobs on non rp servers and just as many flat out stupid people

BadRobot

May 25, 2007
Originally posted by: Anubis
i currently play horde but used to play aliance, i played aliance from beta till march of '07 ive played Horde sence then, and i can honestly say this

EVERY arguement about ali/horde doing X when the opp fraction does not do X is false, IE horde actually heals in PVP, no no we dont

horde is filled with just as many idiots and 12 year olds as the aliance, just as many RP noobs on non rp servers and just as many flat out stupid people

17 out of 21 ATOT members play horde. Therefore, horde is far superioir in intelligence and good looks.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Anubis

Haha yeah, that's the real amusing part. It's the huge idea that you get when you play Alliance in PVP. "Oh man, the Horde work together so well... they heal each other... listen to strategies... fight properly to git r dun" Then you go and play Horde and find out... hey, it's really not different at all from Alliance. Retards still fight off the banners, still let banners get taken from, etc. It's really no different at all from playing Alliance and it'll just perplex you more :p.

Although I like winning so playing on my Horde in PVP is soooo much nicer because of that.

BF04

Sep 25, 2004
"IE horde actually heals in PVP" - maybe that is why I ge so many tells thanking me for healing. :)

Their is one simple reason why Horde is superior.

Good is Dumb! Evil is cool.

:p

Actually I started out on Alliance and moved to Horde. I really like the Horde side better and prefer the character races their also.

edit- to add line.

Chimley

Jan 28, 2008
Alliance since beta.

Anubis is right.. jackasses on both sides of the fence. But.. I do notice that Horde tend to be more "PvP" oriented. It may have some to do with their racials (more battle orien. vs. Alliance racials that tend to go the PvE route like Diplomacy). At least with our Battlegroup (Ruin), Horde pugs will typically win out against Alliance. I don't know if this is the Carebear factor of rolling an Alliance toon or just that the Horde are mean assholes :>

Le sigh..I'd love to see these Battlegroups where Alliance pugs win a ton :( Did the WSG daily yesterday before raid.. and ran into a Horde Pug with 5 Hunters, 3 warriors, a Shammie and a Prot pally. Got up 2-0 and still lost :(

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Chimley
Alliance since beta.

Anubis is right.. jackasses on both sides of the fence. But.. I do notice that Horde tend to be more "PvP" oriented. It may have some to do with their racials (more battle orien. vs. Alliance racials that tend to go the PvE route like Diplomacy). At least with our Battlegroup (Ruin), Horde pugs will typically win out against Alliance. I don't know if this is the Carebear factor of rolling an Alliance toon or just that the Horde are mean assholes :>

Le sigh..I'd love to see these Battlegroups where Alliance pugs win a ton :( Did the WSG daily yesterday before raid.. and ran into a Horde Pug with 5 Hunters, 3 warriors, a Shammie and a Prot pally. Got up 2-0 and still lost :(

I have a theory that is has to do with how choosing the side is at least a partial reflection on your gamer personality. This is especially true if you are just starting WoW.

On average, people who choose alliance want to be the heroes! They want to defeat the powerful enemies and rescue the damsel in distress as they are awarded with fame and purps! Such things lean more towards PvE than PvP but it is easily arguable.

On the other hand, the horde want to be hardcore killing machines desiring bloodlust and power! They want to be big and strong and scary. They want to intimidate their opponents and strike fear in them as they charge into battle carrying axes and wearing armor covered in spikes and stuff. This leans more towards the idea of PvP. Again, it's arguable.

Just a theory, but I like it. :D

livingsacrifice

Jul 16, 2001
I have like 4 characters on Alliance and 1 on Horde. I do agree about the Horde players being more mature or wanting to play PvE more. I don't know which one I prefer I'm just used to the Alliance places now that it helps picking that faction so I can easily level up my character.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Horde is for kewl d00ds... The typical "gamer" type that drinks Bawls and goes to 2000 person LANs to show off their crappy Razor mice. The "Evil is cool", "Good is dumb" post demonstrates that.

The Horde isn't evil anyway. The Forsaken is somewhat evil, but WoW is more sophisticated than good vs evil... It's more like real geopolitics.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
Very interesting results...

I play Horde... Though I admit it was with GREAT concern intially....

I figured every immature under 15 year old would go EVIL.. Just because...

Yet I too find very mature players on my server (For the most part) and I play a PVP server and belong to a guild...

Very interesting? Hopefully the poll will grow in results? Is it possible to UPDATE the poll and add age bracket?
MAKE SURE YOU ADD A TOP END NUMBER... (Ahem) :eek:

That COULD be someone?s case study for their doctorate if the results go as I suspect :D

Dec 30, 2004
ever since horde got Belf, the number of idiots and 13 year old hunters that like their big furry pets has skyrocketed.

If you play belf then you might as well be alliance.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
I would have a horde character but I don't want to learn all the quests all over again. I should though - it would be like a new game for me. Instead I've leveled 3 70s and a 62. I have a 20 shadow priest horde that I should level up... but I tend to wowhead every single quest and that gets to be more like work than fun.

I chose alliance initially because I knew 2 people who got me into it (they didn't know each other) and they were both alliance.