Wow! Dish Network OWNS Uverse..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
The few times that D*TV stopped working we just caught up on recorded shows. It only seems to affect the HD channels so it's not like we are completely out.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
The few times that D*TV stopped working we just caught up on recorded shows. It only seems to affect the HD channels so it's not like we are completely out.

Mine has gone out maybe 2 or 3 times in 18 months and it has been raining here this summer like I'm in Seattle. Unfortunately, some people still think it is 1985, but I've not been bothered at all even the couple of times we did lose signal. Like you, I just went into my multi-TB dvr and watched one of my hundreds of shows/movies...lol

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I pretty much only watch AMC, IFC, TCM, Sundance, BBC America, and Comedy Central.

Last I heard, Dish doesn't even carry AMC any more, and they were losing IFC too.

I'll stick with my Uverse simply for AMC since I like Hell on Wheels & Breaking Bad better than anything else right now.

Feb 10, 2000
Yeah, I simply could not and would not pay for a cable/dish provider that didn't give me AMC. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are the best shows of their generation, and I'm not going to miss them because Dish Network doesn't want to pay for them. Totally down to one's priorities, but this is not negotiable for me.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Dude, Breaking Bad is all over the internet. It really isn't worth living with an inferior service just to hang onto one good show.

Last edited:

Raswan

Jan 29, 2010
Let me know how that picture looks like when it starts raining.

Pretty sure I've had it for almost a year now here in OK, where we get wicked storms, and only had it go down once. I just watched something on the DVR. So shut yer face.

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
IamDavid,

We love to hear that! That's awesome you're enjoying the features of the equipment so much and I hope that continues. Please let me know if you have any questions as I'd be happy to help!

lakedude

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2009
My Dish would quit working just before it rained and start working about the time the rain really got going good...

Got a UHF antenna with an amp in the attic and NetFlix now...

Celeryman

Oct 9, 1999
IamDavid,

We love to hear that! That's awesome you're enjoying the features of the equipment so much and I hope that continues. Please let me know if you have any questions as I'd be happy to help!

MikeL, if you work for Dish, which I assume you do, what is the best deal on the TOP 120 package right now? I have 4 TVs I would like to hook up to the service.

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
After 4months of usage I can still say its the best service available. I haven't had one minute of outage.

If I had to gripe about anything I would say:
1- renting movies suck compared to att. We used to rent 4 or more movies a month, now maybe 1. I prefer now just to rent off my ps3 or amazon prime.

2- networked connection needs reset all the time off both of my Hoppers. No big deal but annoying.

Overall still a 9\10. Poor VOD service cost you allot of money if other people are like me.

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
We were very happy to have reacquired that network for our customers viewing pleasure and would love to add you as our customer! Were you ever considering giving Dish a try? Please let me know if you have any questions about the service and check us out at dish.com for some information about our pricing and promotions!

I pretty much only watch AMC, IFC, TCM, Sundance, BBC America, and Comedy Central.

Last I heard, Dish doesn't even carry AMC any more, and they were losing IFC too.

I'll stick with my Uverse simply for AMC since I like Hell on Wheels & Breaking Bad better than anything else right now.

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
Since we've gotten the network restored, our customers are now able to watch their favorite shows on it! Have you had our service, or do you have it now? We'd love to have you with us, so please let me know so I can answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to check us out at dish.com for some information about our pricing and promotions! Thanks!

Yeah, I simply could not and would not pay for a cable/dish provider that didn't give me AMC. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are the best shows of their generation, and I'm not going to miss them because Dish Network doesn't want to pay for them. Totally down to one's priorities, but this is not negotiable for me.

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
Raswan,

That's good to hear that everything's been working well for you without any significant issues. Please let me know if you have any questions about the service and enjoy!

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
We hated to have seen you go and I appreciate your feedback about the signal! Had we ever gotten a technician out there to take a look at it and try to fix it? Was any type of troubleshooting done? Please let me know so I can get some more details from you. Thank you very much for your efforts and I hope to hear from you!

My Dish would quit working just before it rained and start working about the time the rain really got going good...

Got a UHF antenna with an amp in the attic and NetFlix now...

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
It would be my pleasure to assist you with that! Do you currently have our service? Our current promotional offer for that package is $24.99 per month, which you can check out some more information about at http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/americas-top-120/. If you have any questions or would like to proceed in getting you set up, please let me know!

MikeL, if you work for Dish, which I assume you do, what is the best deal on the TOP 120 package right now? I have 4 TVs I would like to hook up to the service.

MikeL DISH

Nov 3, 2012
I'm very glad to hear you've been enjoying your experience here with DISH! If you have internet or a phone line hooked up to your receiver, you should be able to purchase as many VOD movies as you wish up to your credit limit on your account. I can check this for you, as well as what we can do about the issue with the connectivity of your Hopper, if you could please private message me your account number. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to hearing from you!

After 4months of usage I can still say its the best service available. I haven't had one minute of outage.

If I had to gripe about anything I would say:
1- renting movies suck compared to att. We used to rent 4 or more movies a month, now maybe 1. I prefer now just to rent off my ps3 or amazon prime.

2- networked connection needs reset all the time off both of my Hoppers. No big deal but annoying.

Overall still a 9\10. Poor VOD service cost you allot of money if other people are like me.