Wow can't believe how snappy My Old POS pc is with a New CPU!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
If they gave his CPU armor it wouldn't have had these problems. Now excuse me while I'll try reforget the Rumsfeld era.

unfortunatly we are still dealing with the effects from the 8 years of the bush and cheney presidency and we might never recover. china and india and brazil and russia are on the rise

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
Maybe it's the late hour, but I could have sworn that OP said "Wow can't believe how snappy My Old DOS pc is with a New CPU!"

dorion

Jun 12, 2006
The best way to buy computer equipment is build up enough money until you can buy the second from the top, ie not the ridiculous part but the next step down which will be fast enough but not have the bragging rights.

I did this with my current rig, my 5850 I bought a month after launch is just now showing it's age with my new "second-rate" 1440p monitor.

LittleTinGod

Aug 27, 2013
Sid Mier's Pirates is basically the most fun game ever ever ever like ever. Its a shame it doesn't support widescreen resolutions though or i'd play it alot more. Hopefully it will get an "HD" update in the future.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah NOW is a great time to buy SSD's, just like 6 months ago was a great time to buy RAM but not now. The i5 3350 is a pretty decent chip, so is the 3550 (if you can find them under $200).

Braxos

May 24, 2013
Evo 250 used if low on budget. But 250 is must put the os and online games or games that have lot of loading from zone in-out. Since when the free space gets lower so does the speed of the ssd