Wow. Bitcoin is almost $1,500

Page 105 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Noob questions:
1. Do you trust plaid with your login credentials to setup an exchange acct?
2. Do you wire funds or setup ACH?
3. Is there a bank that is easy to setup ACH xfer?

I've tried Schwab and Ally with 3 exchanges and they're not making it easy to take my money. I'm not thrilled with allowing Plaid to harvest my data nor wiring fees for each transaction.

Never heard of Plaid. I've used Etrade, TD Am, Fidelity. ACH is better, unless you want to run to the bank and pay wire fees.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Never heard of Plaid. I've used Etrade, TD Am, Fidelity. ACH is better, unless you want to run to the bank and pay wire fees.
Plaid is account verification service. You give your account name and password of your bank or brokerage account so they can verify it's you so you don't have to wait on the initial ACH bank deposit link verification. Lot of financial institutions now use it if you want to instantly verify and link outside financial institutions to your account. The only time I used it was to get my 1099 from Charles Schwab because that was the only way. And I felt very uneasy doing it. All other times, I declined Plaid and used the old fashioned ACH bank test deposit to link outside accounts. It takes days to verify the initial deposit but I feel it's safer if you have the time.

I generally just use the free ACH deposits and withdrawals because I'm cheap and don't want to pay the wire fee. ACH takes couple of days but it's free. And I like free.

Reactions: otho11

otho11

Feb 16, 2011
I worked out ACH after an initial wire with another exchange, but would rather not have given Coinbase my info. They claimed they could not link deposits to multiple national banks that people reported previous success.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Today's hot crypto was Dogecoin again. It's up to 13 cents each now!

All I can say is I regret missing out on that and laughing at the people who bought "joke coin". Going from .0001 to .13 is outlandish. Thats like buying stock at $1 and selling it for $1300 a share.

If you look at DC's history, big moves are usually followed by some leveling off until the next batch of FOMO money arrives. No guarantees though! It could also easily fall 20% as interest wanes for now.

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
From Tuesday -

But honestly though, if you are not trying to make a price prediction, why be so critical of me for doing so? You can simply ignore it.

This is my prediction - BT will rally until the Coin Base IPO concludes. It will consolidate downwards after the euphoria wears off, perhaps touching $59,900 (like it always does when beaking out) then who knows what it does after that. Fridays price will be in the low $60s or high $50s.

I would be astonished if it makes it $70,000 this week and even more shocked if it stays there.

So predictable....

Capture.PNG

I would love to see BC head back to $50,000 even or lower. Not sure if that happens any time soon.

There seems to be a lot more support now in the $50,000 range.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Down baby down! Can we dive under 60k today?

What kills me is that actual millionaires have been made from Dogcoin. DOGCOIN!! aka JokeCoin! It was a parody coin!

What people are missing (or not) is that this is an inflationary coin. An unlimited amount of new DOGE can be mined.

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
If Ponyo was still looking for his opportunity to buy in, today might be the day! Everything is down over 10% this morning.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Of course ethereum and everything goes down right after I buy. Always expected this scenario.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
You should see the people on Reddit (/crypto) who were in the last boom cycle that came before the crash of 2018 talk of the same bubble like scenario underway again.

edit: The weekend 10% pullback seems to be met with support as we draw closer to Monday market open. It might try to go back up from $55,000 to $60,000+

Last edited:

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017
What kills me is that actual millionaires have been made from Dogcoin. DOGCOIN!! aka JokeCoin! It was a parody coin!

What people are missing (or not) is that this is an inflationary coin. An unlimited amount of new DOGE can be mined.

Everyone wants to be in on the joke. It’s at 40 cents again lol

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
It's starting to feel like Ethereum is the new Jesuscoin. It's still going up, while Bitcoin has basically been flat over the past two months.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Dogecoin is all the rage at work these days. I never really followed cryptocurrency much but it's the major talk around the water cooler, Doge in particular. Several co-workers are buying it up.

Reactions: mmtax

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Dogecoin is all the rage at work these days. I never really followed cryptocurrency much but it's the major talk around the water cooler, Doge in particular. Several co-workers are buying it up.
I feel sorry for them.

At least, a little bit, long-term. I don't see Doge as a long-term coin. Maybe I'm wrong?