Would you want a stand up urinal in your house?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, and I don't like them to begin with. I don't enjoy the piss-splater that sometimes gets on your pants when using them.

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
I have a urinal in my garage.
Hot & Cold water "Utility Sink" will be installed this spring.
The layout of my house is such that in order to go to either of the 2 bathrooms from my garage requires about the same number of steps, and that is several. It seems that no matter which bathroom I go to, the wife is either using it or cleaning it!
The garage is my hangout anyway, and from my office, it's the closest!

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
Having to lift the stupid seat every time i want to wee, is just gross and annoying. Why cant women put the seat up? all they have to do to put it down is nudge it a little, and gravity does the rest. It's just not fair.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: zinfamous
No, and I don't like them to begin with. I don't enjoy the piss-splater that sometimes gets on your pants when using them.

I'm having a trough installed so it can be just like going to Wrigley field.

chr6

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2002
yes but id like the one that goes down to the floor like in elementary school because my aim isnt that good

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
Yes. This would help guys everywhere...no more nagging from girls about putting the seat down when we're finished.

joecool

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2001
well, considering you'd need a regular toilet anyway, why bother with an extra device to take up space and clean?

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
How much do they cost? Does anyone have a picture of a urinal installed in a residential house?

Pics?

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: eLiTeGoodGuy
My parents have one in their home :)

It's in the bathroom in the barn/workshop. That way if they come into the bathroom with greasy hands they don't get grease all over everything. it's allso Tile from the floor up 6ft on the wall so they can just take a pressure washer and hose it out to clean

See, that'd be my ideal bathroom/kitchen - tile with a drain in the middle so you could just push all the water into it like in a commercial bathroom or kitchen. This has also been a dream of mine - urinals in the house. The New York Times actually just had an article on this; you have to register (free) to read it:

For the High-End Bathroom, Something Unexpected

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
When I have my dome house built, I will have one. I'll have to make a trade-off with the woman and let her have something I don't want, but I'll survive :p

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
When I have my dome house built, I will have one. I'll have to make a trade-off with the woman and let her have something I don't want, but I'll survive :p

Dude across the street from my complex has one in his backyard. It looks pretty slick. Big concrete dome home. My wife was like, we should get one of those as a guest house when we build our home. Awesome :D

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: K1052
Originally posted by: zinfamous

I'm having a trough installed so it can be just like going to Wrigley field.

well...i imagine that you would get your jollies using that ;)

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
urinals remind me of public bathrooms, and public bathrooms remind me of not liking to use them