would you take a countertop from the side of the road?

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
we just put out our stuff for bulk pickup garbage day in a few...
i have a bet going with some family members as to if anyone would take a countertop + sink that we put out there.

would any of you grab one off the curb?

jemcam

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
I wouldn't but I guarantee someone will.

They make great work benches. One of my buddies at work snagged one off the road just for that purpose.

Nov 5, 2001
A hotel we do work at recently was selling it's old mattresses for $5 a pair. People bought them all up. Pee stained, blod stains, and god knows WHAT else. All gone.

I bought some for another project we were doing ( we knocked a masonry wall over on them). Since not many others needed them for that, I presume they'll be sleeping on them tonight.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
I would and I have! A counter top found on the side of the road was my first computer desk!:D

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Depends on the condition, shape, neighborhood, etc. But I'm not above trashpicking by any means.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: jemcam
Originally posted by: MikeyIs4Dcats
I wouldn't but I guarantee someone will.

They make great work benches. One of my buddies at work snagged one off the road just for that purpose.

yeah, we kept one of our countertops for that purpose.
the shape is pretty perfect. its got a little wear around where the sink is but other than that its great. we just got a new countertop so...

i dont think anyone would be above taking it im just not sure that anyone will.
we live in northern nj so the neighborhoods around me go from super-rich to super-poor inside a 10 mile radius.