Would you support some sort of global initiative to slow population growth

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I would not support population control, per se. That is the government telling you how many children you can have. I would consider reducing or eliminating all or most of the deductions and tax credits for more than one or two children.
Your statements there are arguably contradictory. It depends what you deem population control. That's already happening and there's no stopping it. It doesn't simply and only involve mandated small families. Eliminating deductions/credits to larger than small families is population control. Making abortion legal and available on demand, is population control. Euthanasia is another matter, I wouldn't consider that to be other than a humanitarian issue, but I do favor it on those grounds. Who wants to suffer an agonizing death?

If we do not promote effective compassionate population control we are going to suffer nasty forms - wars, epidemics, famines, extensive poverty, terrorism.

No.

/thread
Your 1/2 cent? Get back to work.