Would you pay $9000 for this laptop?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I remember prying open my cousin's expensive $2500 Packard Bell desktop in 90s. Jesus that must be like $4K in today's dollars. It was Pentium II 200mhz with MMX and 16 or 32 mb of RAM.

I opened it up and saw the RAM slots. It had four slots. They were all occupied with cheap & lowest RAM sticks of 4 or 8mb sticks.

Garbage.
Yea, a friend of mine didn't want me to build him a machine so he bought a PB, I LOL'ed when I saw the RAM was attached to a proprietary card and he could not upgrade unless he went through PB. typical garbage build with crap PS guaranteed to croak in less than 2 years.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Included (2) 330W AC adapters.
It looks like you have to plug in both adapters to run both of the 1080’s
Which brings up the point, why make a laptop as a gaming machine?, horrific cooling issues, no room for beefy vid cards and bulky (and expensive if they die) external PS's.

Reactions: ctbaars

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Which brings up the point, why make a laptop as a gaming machine?, horrific cooling issues, no room for beefy vid cards and bulky (and expensive if they die) external PS's.

It's so you can bring this and your vintage type writer to Starbucks and play Fortnite while you work on your new script.