Would you ever date a girl that has had an abortion?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
nope, too much baggage...I have known too many women who had abortions at both early ages and later on in life and honestly I couldn't and wouldn't want to deal with them as they always brought it up at awkward times, would get very emotional about it (rightfully so) and seriously regretted the decision....

too many other women out there to chose from who don't carry said baggage. That and my wife would be ticked if I started dating :)

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
This is a tough issue...when I was younger I was morally against it and thought it should be illegal. But there are circumstances where it is for the best. Rape. Possible birth defects. Danger to the mother's life for some reason. As I grew older I started to think maybe it just isn't something that I should judge people on. Its not my place to make these decisions for people. I can only speak for myself.

Even if I couldn't provide for a child, I'd want it to be born and put up for adoption. Its not the childs fault I screwed up. I'm not going to take the easy way out on that...frankly, I couldn't live with myself.

Although it makes me rip roaring mad that women get it both ways. They alone have the only legal ability to decide, even though the child is half mine. Even if I wanted to take that child and raise it all on my own and never see her again, I wouldn't have a leg to stand on legally stopping her from aborting it. Then if they do decide to have the child you're stuck paying for it regardless. Men really don't have any say in the matter, despite its half their responsibility.

Would I date a girl who had one? I don't know, probably I guess. Depends on the circumstances I would say.